Health & Exercise

New to this board...SO ready to get rid of all the baby weight!

Hi ladies!  My DD is 7 weeks old today :).  I gained 54lbs during pregnancy (ugh) and I have lost 31lbs.  I have 23 lbs to go and would love any suggestions to up my burn!  I started walking with DD about 4 days PP.  I started jogging about 2 weeks PP and hurt my knee pretty bad.  I guess it was not running for 9 months, and then running again with a bunch of extra weight added on.  So I had to stop jogging and go back to walking for a few more weeks.  My knee hurt sooo bad!  It's now healed and I've started jogging again.  I've done 3 miles 3 times.  I alternate fast walking (with DD in the stroller) and running (when DH is home and I can go by myself).  I did run at least 3 miles a day, 5 days a week before I got pregnant.  While pregnant, I walked and that's pretty much it.  I have been doing some strengthening excercises with 3-8lb weights about 3 days a week and I'm watching what I eat! 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Father's Day at the beach 2014 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary

Re: New to this board...SO ready to get rid of all the baby weight!

• Good luck and give it some time! It will come off :) I'm below my pre-pregnancy weight now with not a whole lot of effort. I did have to eat a no-fat diet for about 3 months after DD was born due to gall bladder issues, and I think that helped. I'm almost finished with the 30 day shred and will do it again and again probably. I've lost 5 lbs and at least 3.5 inches. It's only 20 minutes a day,which is very doable with a baby. 
    imageimage
  • The 30 day shred is awesome! I am 6 weeks PP and have 8lbs to go before I'm to my pre-preg weight.
  • Loading the player...
  • Baby weight does not come off easy for everyone! I kept hearing just give it time...blah blah!! I gained 50 lbs with dd, I was really swollen! My girl is 6 months and I am having a hard time loosing the rest of my weight.  25 lbs came off fast but the other 25 is sticking around! I am having to work really hard to get back down to my pre prego weight of 140.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"