Detroit Babies

Pacifiers

How many pacifiers do you recommend a new mom start out with?  I don't want to buy too many but I also want to have enough on hand.

Also which one's do you like best for your LO?

I have MAM & Tommee Tippee one's right now.

=)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pacifiers

• Depending on where you deliver, you should get some free ones!  Most hospitals use the green soothies, which are the only paci's my kids like.  It's always nice to have a bunch though, one to clip to the car carrier for on-the-go, one in the diaper bag, and a few in the house.
  • I would just stick with what you have.  Peyton has never taken a pacifier... believe me I tried.  I think we tried 6 different kinds before we gave up all together.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It depends on the baby.  Gabriel hated Nuk and soothies.  He will only take MAMs.  You may end up having to try a variety of types, just like with bottles.
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • We got 2 of the soothies from the hospital.  Then I bought a 2 pack of Nuks.  We pretty much only use the Nuk.  Both boys really didn't care for pacifiers though.  We used them for a couple months- pretty much until they learned to launch the thing out :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We started with the soothies from the hospital and then went to 2 Avent paci's. She now takes Nuk and we have 3 of them.

• imageHiggyFan42:

I would just stick with what you have.  

This as well.

• We used Avent just because I liked that they were clear and he ended up liking them too.  They come in a pack of two and we just bought one pack for every size he needed.  We always used the clip that clips the pacifier to him so we never lost any of them.
    Mommy's little helper :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS didn't take one either.  We tried Nuk, Avent, and the Soothies from the hospital.  I'm glad in the long run that he didn't take it because it was one less thing to have to deal with and one less thing to have to take away.
  • I agree w/others, stick w/what you have & what the hospital has.  Both my kids never cared for them, I think by 1 or 2 months old they both were done with them.  You won't know if your kid will take it or not, so I wouldn't stock up on them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I agree with what everyone said, stick with what you have.  DS spit the ones the hospital gave us out.  He preferred Nuk.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • imagebeewltched:
    We used Avent just because I liked that they were clear and he ended up liking them too.  They come in a pack of two and we just bought one pack for every size he needed.  We always used the clip that clips the pacifier to him so we never lost any of them.

Us too.

• we use the gumdrop which is the same nipple as the soothies.  i agree with everyone else...start with a few to see what you use.  you can always stock up with a quick trip to target - you can buy the gumdrops there now.  they used to be online only.  that being said we have a ton of pacifiers because i can't find a clip that works for our's and we just have one in every bag/room/etc
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"