Pre-School and Daycare

how to get pee out of mattress?

Has anyone else dealt with this? Katen has been Ms. Reliable ever since she potty trained a year ago. Now all of a sudden she's wetting the bed occasionally at night. She goes potty before bedtime and doesn't drink a lot after dinner. It's kind of frustrating but I can't really get mad because it's clear she's not doing it on purpose.

So as a result of this, there have been two times where the kid just totally soaked everything. The mattress pad, sheets, herself, and the mattress. I've used my steam cleaner to clean it twice and even sprayed pet stain remover on it against my better judgment. Neither of those things worked and it still smells like pee. Is there anything else I can do to clean it or do I just need to buy her a new mattress and wrap the thing in plastic?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: how to get pee out of mattress?

• I'd get a big jug of good pet stain remover and really soak it.  (Petastic probably.  Maybe I'd give Nature's Miracle a stab, too, if that's all I could find.)

I'd also buy a cheap shower curtain from the dollar store to put under her mattress pad.  (once the mattress is dry from the dousing.)

From there?  I'd probably go into her room before I go to bed (quite a few hours later than DD) and carry her to the toilet -- and I'm sure she'd lazily go and then I'd put her back to bed.  A bit of a pain but worth a shot.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• I SO feel your pain.

We've taken to putting the ultimate crib sheet down the side of his bed next to the wall because that's where it always happens for us.

I used the pet pee remover and then fabreezed the hell outta it and let it air out with the window open.

We now use 4 different waterproof devices to protect that mattress.

FWIW - I feel your pain. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • shower curtain - brilliant!!

Glad to know I'm not alone. This is so nuts. She's been fine up until now. 

• White vinegar will do it. I soaked a cloth with it and scrubbed the mattress . It smells very strong at first. The vinegar smell will go away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"