Preemies

FFN ?

HI Ladies. I am usually on the PAL board but I have a question for you ladies. I had my DS at 35 weeks and now am on Progesterone shots weekly to prevent preterm labor with DD. I was dialting and contracting at 33 weeks with DS.

On Friday night I had to spend the night overnight in L & D for contractions but no dialation YET...they gave me tons of IV fluids and sent me home on modified bedrest.

Tomorrow I have the FFN test at the ob office...any of you have any experiences positive or negative, results and how long does it take to get the results?!

Thanks in advance!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FFN ?

• I always got my results in an hour. Sometimes you have to wait a bit longer. I've heard of some having to wait a few days.

I had 4 FFNs and they were always negative. I had one at 25, 27, 29, and 31 weeks. I delivered at 35 weeks. 

The test is "good" for 2 weeks. A negative pretty much means you won't go into labor in the next two weeks. The chances are very very slim.

A positive however, doesn't mean much. It means there is a  slight chance that you will go into labor

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My MWs would call that day with the results. I always had negatives including the one that I had 10 days before I pPROMed. I don't think they are good for 2 weeks, and if they supposedly are, then they must have a good margin of error. Hope your LO stays baking! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've heard a negative result is 90-some % accurate.  But you hear of alot of people getting negatives and then going into labor anyway.  So I don't know if we're just hearing alot from those <10% or what.  But it is supposed to be good for 2 weeks.  Positive doens't really mean much of anything.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had a positive and Evan was here 4 days later.

Maybe this site could help clarify, you can click on the negative and positive results and get a more elaborate explanation.

• I had a positive result at 26w after losing a bit of MP. I went into active labor less than 2 days later. Luckily they were able to stop it with Terb and with the help of procardia and strict bedrest both in the hospital and at home we made it to 31 weeks (with less than 1cm left of my cervix). Good luck tomorrow!
    Keira Lorraine - born 3/29/09, 7lbs even, 20.5 inches long!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Elise was born @ 31w on 1/12/11 weighing 3lbs 14oz, 18in - she came home from the NICU on Valentine's day :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"