May 2011 Moms
Options

2nd Timers - reusing pacis/nip shield?

We were one of the new parents that said no way in hell would our kid use pacis.  Fast forward 3 weeks into it and DD used me as her paci and my LC actually recommended introducing it to her.  So - I am just preparing to do this again.  lol.

I just boiled all the newborn pacis, nipple shields, level one bottle nipples, and pump parts.  I think I am tossing the nip shields....they have this weird film on it that did not go away. But the pacis seem to have a little of this as well.  Did you have any weird film?  They were washed/sanitized before we put them away (probably about a year ago).  What did you do?  The other items appear to be fine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2nd Timers - reusing pacis/nip shield?

• Options
    I tossed the nipple shields a long time ago along with the bottle nipples. Dd never used pacis.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucketimage imageimage
  • Options
    I tossed away all of the pacis, nipples and nipple shields when we were done with them. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would re use nip shield if it looked decent. I just got another in the hospital and it was pd for so it didn't bother me to pitch the old one. My first used a paci for like a few days and my second never did. It is probably something in the latex going bad. Bottles yes I reused everything from the first to second time only throwing out what looked bad. Just use good judgement. I would say germs aren't the problem it is whether the plastic is going to break down in babies mouth
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemeghanchrisaz:
    I tossed away all of the pacis, nipples and nipple shields when we were done with them. 

This!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageSAHM4EVA:
    I tossed the nipple shields a long time ago along with the bottle nipples. Dd never used pacis.

This was us too.

If DD takes a paci, she may be sporting some with cars & sailboats on them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"