Re: UO Thursday!

• Options
    J+MSJ+MS member
    imageUnpossible:
    imageJ+MS:
    imageUnpossible:
    imagescoutkate:
    imageUnpossible:

My UO is that the edition on 3-6 is entirely too focused on candy today so I'm straddling over here hunting for snark.

P.S. I'm also wearing a skirt.

::peeks under Brezza's skirt::

Straddle away, sister. 

:flashes a la Lindsey Lohan:

When I see someone who has been on TB for less than six months and is already a Gold or Platinum poster, it makes me go hmmmmm ...

::looks at post count::...hmmmmm

Nuh uh - you've been here longer than August, haven't you?

yea but my post count started over.
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • Options

imageBeanie_mrt:
    image2mommiesinoh:
    I think cart covers are ridiculous. Just strap your kid into the grocery cart already.
    I thought they were unnecessary too. Until I got Hamd Foot Mouth disease from one. Only 5% of adults ever get it. Awesome.

I'm surprised that everyone don't catch something every single time they touch those things! A very large percentage of the population don't wash their hands after using the restroom or wash properly in general so NO THANK YOU I don't want someones fecal matter in my child's mouth!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    J+MSJ+MS member
    Apparently my UO is that I think germs are gross.
  • Options

imaget watley:
    If you don't at the very least wipe down a grocery cart before putting your child in it you are an ignorant and not to mention negligent fool. People purchase raw meats from grocery stores. They fondle said meats and then touch the handles on that grocery cart without ever having wiped their hands.

The risk of e-coli and salmonella alone are enough reason to use a cart cover and/or wipe down a cart. 

I LOVE YOU!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I actually don't have a UO today. I am enjoying reading all of them though.

I use a cart cover

• Options
    imageKandyKayne:

image2mommiesinoh:
    I think cart covers are ridiculous. Just strap your kid into the grocery cart already.

I will be using a cart cover FOR SURE.  Carts are disgusting and I realize that a lot of places have things to wipe them down but not all places do.  Carts are plain gross and I dont even like touching them

I was on the fence with cart covers.  Then, the one time we put DS in a cart without the cover, he ended up in the hospital the next morning because he picked up a stommach bug from somewhere and couldn't stop vomitting.  I don't know if he picked it up from the cart, but I'm not chancing it again.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 062312242_zpscfcb3e04 photo 062312242_zpscfcb3e04-1_zps5a48d3e6.jpg
  • Options

imageMamaLBF:
    imageMamaLBF:
    Hmmm. To each his own.
    I suck at quoting today. Meant for first reply poster.

I just wanted to clear myself up. I was bumping from my phone and kept hitting the wrong button. I was trying to quote the 2nd reply, not the first. About the suits.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My UO:

I looooooooooooooove Britney Spears.  I think she is incredibly awesome.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 062312242_zpscfcb3e04 photo 062312242_zpscfcb3e04-1_zps5a48d3e6.jpg
  • Options
    imageLinZbb:

imageMamaLBF:
    Hmmm. To each his own.

FWIW I loved Luke in his bunny suit, he looked absolutely adorable!

Thank you :) I had fun with it.

• Options
    imageSimoneSays22:

imageDreamsicle23:
    On a somewhat related note, I think Easter baskets for infants are really dumb.

I thought I was the only one. And almost gave in to TB peer pressure to make D an Easter basket. Then I smacked myself.

D will not be getting an Easter basket and I'm pretty sure he won't give a sh!t. 

This - and I did not wrap DD's christmas presents - she was only 3 months old!  We only bought her a stuffed musical lamb anyhow.  My mother bought her a ton of stuff and wrapped it all - I was unwrapping gifts forever and DD was just sitting there going "What is this?"

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

imageKate621:
    If people on TB genuinely judge other moms as much as they claim to they need to get a fvcking life.

Yes

• Options

imageJ+MS:
    Apparently my UO is that I think germs are gross.

Lol...for real lol. 

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    imageBeanie_mrt:
    imageKelzinBoston:

I think wall to wall carpeting is almost always tacky.

And I think it's rude to ask someone to remove their shoes when they enter a house.

The shoe thing is a very Midwest thing. When we moved out here, we were like WTF?

So if someone treks through mud prior to entering my house, it is rude to ask them to remove their shoes? Will they be paying to have my carpet cleaned?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
  • Options

imaget watley:
    If you don't at the very least wipe down a grocery cart before putting your child in it you are an ignorant and not to mention negligent fool. People purchase raw meats from grocery stores. They fondle said meats and then touch the handles on that grocery cart without ever having wiped their hands.

The risk of e-coli and salmonella alone are enough reason to use a cart cover and/or wipe down a cart. 

HAHAHA.

Fondle ... meats ...

• Options
    imageSookieFrackhouse68:

imaget watley:

I read something that said about 90% of shopping carts have traces of fecal matter on them. FECAL MATTER. I ALWAYS use the wipes they put next to the carts. Gross.

You didn't read my replySad But on a lighter note I read that 65% of statistics are made up on the spot Stick out tongue

• Options

imaget watley:

HAHAHA.

Fondle ... meats ...

• Options
    imagemorelvetoyou:

imageKate621:
    If people on TB genuinely judge other moms as much as they claim to they need to get a fvcking life.

Yes

Well said. All the side eyeing and judgeing is sort of irratating. I kept thinking get a life.

• Options

imageKandyKayne:
    I think that the phrase "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is used too much.

On a semi-related note, I loathe the phrase, "You can't have your cake and eat it too."

Someone needs to refine this. What the hell is the point of having cake if you can't eat it?

• Options

imaget watley:

Word. I think there was even a study done saying the handle bar often contains more faecal matter than a toilet seat. Um, no thanks...I think I'll use the cart cover!  

Edit: sorry just now read the replys after this and I am not the first to mention this. oops. 

• Options
  • Options
    J+MSJ+MS member
    imageUnpossible:

See? That's different to me. You had already developed "relationships" with people, you were known, etc. You do not get hmmmmed from me! I guess I'm picturing someone who started fresh out the gate and never looked back. But now you've made me realize that any number of people with gold/platinum status and a recent start date could have had their post count started over so now I feel like I have to bomb this UO.

Now I have to come up with another one ...

LOL Sorry I bombed your UO.

• Options

imaget watley:
    Oh, and I thought Luke was precious in his bunny suit. We actually busted Spencer's out last night and he was just as cute in his. I question the sense of humor of anyone who can't get on board with an adorable baby rocking a bunny suit. Yes, they are ridiculous.

Ridiculously awesome.

I pretty much always agree with you..

It is safe to say I lurve you I think... (is that creepy??) 

• Options
    J+MSJ+MS member

Sticking with the germs topic:

My real UO is that nail salons are gross. 3/4 of them do not sanitize properly. I don't even want to think of the germs in those places.

• Options
    imageSookieFrackhouse68:
    imageChrissieW3:

imageKandyKayne:

On a semi-related note, I loathe the phrase, "You can't have your cake and eat it too."

Someone needs to refine this. What the hell is the point of having cake if you can't eat it?

I always thought it to mean, "If you eat the cake, it's gone. You can't eat the cake and then expect it to still be there, all moist and delicious." Can't have it both ways, or something like that. Always made sense to me.

I understand what the phrase is intended to mean, but I just don't follow the actual verbiage.

To me, it should say, "You can't have your cake and a glass of milk."

• Options
    J+MSJ+MS member
    imageUnpossible:
    imageJ+MS:
    imageUnpossible:

See? That's different to me. You had already developed "relationships" with people, you were known, etc. You do not get hmmmmed from me! I guess I'm picturing someone who started fresh out the gate and never looked back. But now you've made me realize that any number of people with gold/platinum status and a recent start date could have had their post count started over so now I feel like I have to bomb this UO.

Now I have to come up with another one ...

LOL Sorry I bombed your UO.

MOTHER EFFING BOMBED UO

ALL OVER MY GODDAMNNED OVEN!
  • Options
    I think having a shopping cart cover that you don't wash after every use or at least every few uses is just as bad as not using a shopping cart cover.
    Save some time to dream, cause your dream might save us all"
    DX: PCOS & Endo
    Cycle # 184,943 January 2010 Follistim, trigger, B2B IUI = BFP on Febuary 14, 2010

• Options
    imageemilydholmes1:
    imagepazrana:

image2mommiesinoh:

Ewww. 

I love my cart cover. It's easier than wiping the disgusting grocery cart down. And I just throw it in the wash once a week.

My UO: I think country music is awful. There might be 5 songs total I can tolerate and the rest make me want to poke my eyes out.

I love country boys and I'm a little bit redneck (at least compared to some of you classy women) and I love me some good country music!
  • Options

Past 6 months old I think posting the 'adjusted age' of your preemie is bullshit. When your kid is a year are you really going to say 'adjusted age: 10 months 3 days"?

Bullshit.

Lookin' Down
  • Options
    J+MSJ+MS member
    imageJBrianne:

Past 6 months old I think posting the 'adjusted age' of your preemie is bullshit. When your kid is a year are you really going to say 'adjusted age: 10 months 3 days"?

Bullshit,

oh dear.
  • Options
    I. hate. when people. use. periods. throughout a sentence to make a point.
  • Options
  • Options
    imageJBrianne:

Bullshit.

You're awfully passionate about this.

• Options

imaget watley:
    Oh, and I thought Luke was precious in his bunny suit. We actually busted Spencer's out last night and he was just as cute in his. I question the sense of humor of anyone who can't get on board with an adorable baby rocking a bunny suit. Yes, they are ridiculous.

Ridiculously awesome.

Why thank you! I cant wait to see Spencer in his! I was thinking lighten up lady. Its just a bunny suit :]

• Options
    imageSookieFrackhouse68:
    imageChrissieW3:
    imageSookieFrackhouse68:
    imageChrissieW3:

imageKandyKayne:

I always thought it to mean, "If you eat the cake, it's gone. You can't eat the cake and then expect it to still be there, all moist and delicious." Can't have it both ways, or something like that. Always made sense to me.

I understand what the phrase is intended to mean, but I just don't follow the actual verbiage.

To me, it should say, "You can't have your cake and a glass of milk."

EVERYONE should be able to have their cake and a glass of milk, dammit!

I prefer chocolate cake and a glass of Cabernet. :)

• Options
    imageJBrianne:

Bullshit.

Clearly you don't have a preemie. You my dear, are bullshit.

• Options
    imageJBrianne:

Bullshit.

Oh you are so right! When my son turned 6 months old his preemie status dissappeared!

• Options
    Haha no I just like to swear and I'm trying to cut down around LO... so now it comes out in other ways. It bugs me no more than any other UO bugs its holder, I imagine.
    Lookin' Down
  • Options
    imageChrissieW3:

imageKandyKayne:

And on an un-related note.  Your DD is so stinkin cute I can't stand it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"