November 2011 Moms
Options

Baaad Idea!!!

So my Mama Bear told me on Wednesday that we should meet for lunch at this super yummy Greek restaurant on Friday.  They have this super amazing Avgolemono soup...and the only think I've been craving is soup! Soup, soup and more soup! And so of course, I have not stopped thinking about the delish Avgolemono soup since yesterday afternoon. Ugh...

Well, today I had the bright idea of trying to mimic that soup at home.  The Greek restaurant is kinda far away, so I didn't want to drive all the way there to get some (mistake #1).  I searched for the most authentic recipes that I could and found one that had some pretty good reviews.  Went to the store, bought the ingredients, put 'em all together, and BAM, finito!  

I poured myself a big ol' helping...after all, I've been craving it for over 24 hours...sat down to eat it and BLEH!!!!!!!!  I thought I was going to puke ON. THE. SPOT.  Now I'm miserable because I want the REAL thing and now I have to wait until tomorrow at noon.  AND now my dinner tonight is ruined...

So, what's the lesson for today?! If you're craving something...just get the real thing, don't try an imposter.  Besides...who was I thinking I could cook better than the Greeks?! 

Rant Over.  Thanks for listening!! :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baaad Idea!!!

• Options
    I did the same thing with a Clam Chowder that DH and I had on our honeymoon.  I found the restaurant's "exact" recipe online.  Yeah, not even close.  Why did I think I could imitate Clam Chowder from Cape Cod???

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"