Baby Names
Options

First and Last name ending in the same sound

What do you think of a first and last name that end in the same sound?  

We are thinking about the name Walter, but LO's last name is also two syllables and ends in an "-er" sound.  It would be something like "Walter Burger."  I feel like it sounds too sing-song-ey.  What do you think?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: First and Last name ending in the same sound

• Options
    I agree with you. I don't like that all. I also don't like the first letter of a first name to be the same letter of the last name.

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Options
    I don't dislike Walter Burger. I don't think you automatically have to rule out the -ers.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sometimes I like names that sound like this. Names of people I know:

Tommy Thompson

Mark Clark

John Johnsen

For these individuals the name works and I have never thought they sounded strange.

The Fight  Against Boredomimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

If your last name was Salter, then I'd say Walter is out.

But, I don't think you have to throw Walter out because your LN ends in an -er sound.  I think I'd like it, but I'm just really in love with the name Walter right now. 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

I agree - I don't like the same endings, and rarely do I like the same beginnings - that's just me. Our LN ends in "n" so all of the popular names that end in "n" are a no go for me!

After 15 months of TTC w/ PCOS & MFI, suprise BFP 4/28/12!
    EDD 1/5/13
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    LMS05LMS05 member
    Sorry, but I don't think it sounds good.
  • Options
    I agree, I'm not a fan of the same endings.  My last name ends in -son, so names like Hudson, Grayson, Addison, etc. are out.  Too bad because I think all those names are so cute!
  • Options
    I know a baby named Harrison Robinson.... I think its kind of awful
  • Options

I don't think that one is too bad.

But I but I don't think the ends sound horribly alike. 

For example I love the name Elle for a girl but our last name ends in "sell" and when you combine the two it sounds awful.  

Dylan Sophia 06.04.09 - Elijah Alexander 04.25.10 - 04.25.10 - Sullivan Thomas 09.06.11 - Calvin Douglas 08.06.13 - Baby GIRL Due 07.01.15!
    Elijah's Story: Embracing Elijah
    My blog: Midwest Chaos

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageclee2009:

Sometimes I like names that sound like this. Names of people I know:

Tommy Thompson

Mark Clark

John Johnsen

For these individuals the name works and I have never thought they sounded strange.

What? You don't think these names sound strange? Really?

I wouldn't do double -er endings. Plus I really dislike Walter.

• Options

I have a name that ends in "er", too and even though I like a lot of names that end in "er" I just ruled them out because it did sound to sing songy.  Two students that I had named Madison also had names that ended in "son", i.e. Madison Olson, and I thought it was too much. 

imagemm&es:

What do you think of a first and last name that end in the same sound?  

We are thinking about the name Walter, but LO's last name is also two syllables and ends in an "-er" sound.  It would be something like "Walter Burger."  I feel like it sounds too sing-song-ey.  What do you think?  

• Options
    I wouldn't do it

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"