Parenting
Options

preschool sharing day, I hate the letter X

the options suck!
Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: preschool sharing day, I hate the letter X

• Options
    Too bad you're not close, I have some (dental) x-rays. There's an xylophone (toy).

• Options

imagebelle204:
    Too bad you're not close, I have some (dental) x-rays. There's an xylophone (toy).

I am tempted to send DS in with DDs xrays  but part of me cringes at the thought of all those kids touching her real x-rays...she had infantile scoliosis and it shows her curves but she still curves some.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are they the huge ones that wouldn't fit in some type of clear cover? If you do send them, could ask the teacher to just hold them and let them look (I mean it's *show* and tell not *touch* and tell.) I didn't know she had scoliosis.

• Options
    Xanex...
  • Options

imagebelle204:
    Are they the huge ones that wouldn't fit in some type of clear cover? If you do send them, could ask the teacher to just hold them and let them look (I mean it's *show* and tell not *touch* and tell.) I didn't know she had scoliosis.

Lol about show and not touch and tell.  Now I have to figure out where I put them but they are small ones, I could put them in a ziploc bag...which gives me an idea for Z too.  I never thought to put them in something.

And yeah, she was diagnosed at 10 months but it was definitely there at birth.  The Neonatologist (sp) told DH when she was born to have the Pedi look at her crooked head and I think they really meant that her neck was crooked but it is ridiculous that they did not do a better job of telling this to us b/c the Pedi overlooked it until I told them at the end of her 3mo visit to look at her b/c her entire body was curving to the right.  They diagnosed her with Torticolis and after 3 months of PT her neck was not tight but she was still crooked with her head leaning down and hip pulling up, a local Orthopedic surgeon ruled out a hip problem and told me he was not worried about her back at that time.  I took her to Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC and they diagnosed her but b/c it was not a huge curve they said she would likely be one of the 90% that outgrow it, a year later her curve was below 10 degrees which is when they diagnose scoliosis so she technically no longer had it even though you can still see a little bit of a curve.  I have not brought her back b/c they will x-ray her again and she has had a lot of x-rays already.  Oh what the Pedi later said that the first Orthro probably meant that they were not worried b/c she would likely outgrow it but that info was said to me after her diagnosis and when I told him that I thought the local Orthro sucked.  I hate that you really just cannot trust people to really look at your child and have to really advocate for them, I definitely learned to trust my instincts and not listen when others (doctors or DH) tell me otherwise.

• Options
    ugh...we have x this week too!  I am not in possesion of an x-ray or a xylophone so who knows what we'll do!
    Nathan 7-13-06 ~ Elizabeth 4-12-09 ~ Zachary 8-5-11
  • Options
    Ha! We got stuck with all of the bad letters when DS had the letter box...it was sooo difficult!
  • Options
    when we don't have something for the letter of the week we find a picture using Google Images and print it out.  DS loves to do this.  Then he just brings in a picture of the item.  Or, he draws it, but sometimes that requires a written explanation...
    Susie, mom to DS 4/10/07 and DD 3/6/09 (MC 9/05, 2/06) Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We brought in the magnet letter X when it was our turn. And his favorite ABC book and he showed the letter X page.
  • Options
    A treasure map with am "x" marks the spot?
  • Options
    DD1 just drew a picture of a xylophone. It served it's purpose.
    Child #1: 6 yo DD Child #2: 2yo DD
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"