My 33 weeker is now a healthy, happy three year old and you would NEVER guess he'd been a preemie. Now my brother and his wife are likely to have a 31 weeker (she's hospitalized, the baby's heartbeat is erratic on the monitors and they're tryign to wait on at least one steriod shot to take full effect before taking him).
1. Was your 31 weeker a girl or a boy?
2. Did you have steroid shots? If so, how many and how long afterwards did you deliver?
3. Did your baby need respiratory assistance? If so, what type and for how long?
4. How long was your NICU stay?
5. What challenges did your preemie face in the NICU (feeding, growing, temp regulation, bili lights, etc)?
6. How far behind on milestones was your preemie typically? Were they met by adjusted age? If your preemie is older now, at what age was he/she fully caught up?
7. Anything else I can pass along to them?