Nevada Babies

Spring Valley Hospital?

Has anyone delivered here? Any reviews/likes/dislikes?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Spring Valley Hospital?

• I haven't delivered there, but will be in June.  I did have surgery there in Feb '09 and was in the Labor and Delivery unit.  The nurses were great there, of course there are some better than others, but all in all very good and caring.  I am very comfortable with having my delivery there.  
  • i'll be having a csection there on friday, ill let you know. i did take a tour there and one thing im not happy about is they take the baby to the nursery at 7 am and pm for a "visual inspection" to me there is no need to bounce my new infant around for something that can be done in my room. i was going to go to southern hills but a c section at this hospital is more convienient cuz i went to have her turned on thursday and for the "just in case" all my paper work is already signed now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies, you'll have to update me. Southern Hills is the only other hospital that my OB delivers at... well Spring Valley is closer to my house, my work, my mom's work, etc.... so I'm going there. My OB's office is in the same parking lot as well.
  • I had my baby there almost a year ago. I have no complaints. It was very nice experience. I had trouble breastfeeding and the lactation consultants were very nice. It was just busy because there were a lot of scheduled c-sections because it was a holiday weekend. I think my experience would have been better had it not been swamped because it was the Friday before Memorial Day.
  • I've worked at Spring Valley hospital since the day it opened...and been hunderds of deliveries. If you have any specific questions, I'm sure I could answer them for you. We have all private rooms (which is great!), pull out beds for dads, a well baby nursery and a NICU. I'm TTC, and I intend to have my baby there :-)
  • imagedanandbethg:
    I've worked at Spring Valley hospital since the day it opened...and been hunderds of deliveries. If you have any specific questions, I'm sure I could answer them for you. We have all private rooms (which is great!), pull out beds for dads, a well baby nursery and a NICU. I'm TTC, and I intend to have my baby there :-)

I greatly appreciate your feedback! I look forward to delivering there and I'm sure I will have a wonderful experience. :) Good Luck TTC!! Baby Dust!!! 

• I know that the hospital is VBAC friendly which is why I'm delivering there.  I'm using hypnobirthing.  Will the nurses understand and be supportive of that?
  • I am a respiratory therapist that attends some high risk deliveries. To be honest I have never heard of hypnobirthing, though I have been in some VBACs. Let me ask a few of my nurse friends for you Kmburrows8 and I can get a definate answer for you! When are you due? Who is your doctor? These things will help me get the most complete and honest answer for you.

• Thank you so much!  I'm due Aug 4 and my Dr is Dr. Sauter.  
  • So I asked some of our Labor and Delivery nurses and the following is a collection of what their answers were....

They will support a hypnobirth (or any other kind of no medicine birth a mom wants to do). Just understand that they are legally liable for your baby, so the baby will need to be monitored. Also, Dr. Sauter is very easy-going and they believe he will be supportive (I like him :-) he is very friendly). However, you must really have your mind set on this IS what you are going to do, not just "see how it goes" mentality. If you go into it with "see how it goes" it won't work. So...I hope this eases your mind a little bit. I wish you the best and hope you have a wonderful birthing experience!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"