Hawaii Babies
Options

Help me with nursing bras

So I have some from when I was nursing Bella and I hated all of them. Many of my friends just use their normal bras and lift them up to nurse and I tried that but hated it. I'm currently wearing my medela sleep bras which have VERY little support and are totally worn out but they are comfortable because I go from super engorged and uncomfortable to just a little engorged. In other words, a normal nursing bra won't work right now. I've tried the Target nursing tanks and HATED them, they don't fit me at all. Too tight in the chest but too loose in the body.

With Bella I was a 36E while nursing so no telling what I'll be this time. I'm guessing smaller but who knows, I've heard you don't "fill" up as much the second time around but time will tell. I've read tons of great reviews on Bravado bras but no place near me sells them. Has anyone bought online? Any tips/suggestions? Any tips for this stage of the game? I feel like I need more support than the sleep bras but I also need something that gives due to the milk fluctuation. Easy access for Grayson is essential! 

Re: Help me with nursing bras

• Options
    I'm not sure about places that carry Bravado bras locally, but Diapers.com carries them and offers some good deals for shipping etc.  Also, there's a coupon for their website in every issue of Parenting magazine for 15% off and free 2-day shipping for first time customers!  If you haven't tried it there, go grab the magazine -- or just jot down the coupon code on the back of the postcard! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageEmilyJBrown:
    I'm not sure about places that carry Bravado bras locally, but Diapers.com carries them and offers some good deals for shipping etc.  Also, there's a coupon for their website in every issue of Parenting magazine for 15% off and free 2-day shipping for first time customers!  If you haven't tried it there, go grab the magazine -- or just jot down the coupon code on the back of the postcard! 

Here's the link, I forgot to add! https://www.diapers.com/product/category.aspx?categoryid=50&categoryname=Moms+&+Maternity&queryfrom=category&filtername=Brand&filtervalue=Bravado+Designs

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Ewww, I tried on some Bravado bras and they were AWFUL.  They give you the squeezed pointy boobs.  Or at least they did for me.  I was so disappointed when I tried them on. 

I pretty much just wore the Omamma bras that I heard of from Jaime.  I think Renee & Lori in Hawaii wore them, too.  They give you a nice shape without the pointy boobs. And they're awesome because they evaporate the milk so you don't have to wear pads or worry about leaks.  I got the wireless ones so they're nice and soft.

I also bought a couple from Motherhood that I liked.  I wore the Target nursing tanks ALL.THE.TIME, but I have the same problem with the fit as you do.  I just wear them at home, though, so I don't really care how it looks.

• Options
    I absolutely LOVED my Bravado bras. I would not wear anything else. They came by at the hospital and let me try on several different brands and I liked the Bravado the best. SUPER comfortable and nice looking too. I have the "Original Nursing Bra" in nude and black and the "Seamless Nursing Bra" in nude. I also have like 7-8 Bravado tanks. LIVED in those things!!!
    Malia & Dave & Alexa
    Happily married since 2-17-08! Three since 9-9-09!
    Baby Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had three Bravado seamless nursing bras, and I LOVED them!  I even wore them for a while after I stopped bfing, since the were so comfy!  I bought mine at diapers.com, and I seem to remember using the sizing chart from the Bravado website, and they fit great.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I was a 42E before I got PG, then, was a 40E while PG and after she was born...

40I!

Yeah, that's an {I} as in comes after H and is followed by J. Eek!

I cannot LIVE without my Elomi Smoothing Underwire Bra. It's pricey, but it's SO worth it! Gives GREAT support, nice shape and is easy to get in and out of...not as easy as a nursing tank hook...it takes two hands, but once you get used to that, no problems!

I got it here and they offer discounts from time to time:

https://breakoutbras.stores.yahoo.net/elsmcupnubra.html

I love this bra so much that once I wean I will be ordering the non-nursing version of it. And hopefully, in a smaller size (please little baby Jesus)!

• Options

you can get Bravado bras shipped to you for free from Target if you meet the minimum requirement for free shipping (I think $50?) - and most of them can be returned in store if you don't like them. so you can try them w/o any obligation to keep them.

I personally didn't like them but I have this one from Target and it worked well for me when I was still a 34F.  I basically bought a bunch of different brands from Target, tried them on, and then kept what I liked.  I really wanted to use the Omamma bras but they only go up to an E cup

imagesanae78:
    I pretty much just wore the Omamma bras that I heard of from Jaime.  I think Renee & Lori in Hawaii wore them, too.  They give you a nice shape without the pointy boobs. And they're awesome because they evaporate the milk so you don't have to wear pads or worry about leaks.  I got the wireless ones so they're nice and soft.

I'm glad that they worked out for you - I meant to ask you but forgot :)

• Options

try leading lady nursing bras, i have the molded seamless wirefree nursing bra. it comes in lots of colors but i got pink :) its super comfortable and supportive enough that i've worn it out during the day! i also have a couple of the sport/sleeping bras from them and love them just as much :)

https://www.leadinglady.com/nursing-bras.html

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"