Philadelphia Babies
Options

Recommendations at Pennsylvania Hospital

Hello.  I just found out that I am having a baby and I work very close to PAH and all of my other doctors are there.  Can anyone recommend and OB-GYN?  Thanks so much!
BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Recommendations at Pennsylvania Hospital

• Options
    I went to the PennCare office in the Curtis Center and loved everyone. Pennsy doesn't guarantee you'll deliver with your doctor, or anyone in your practice for that matter though...
    Bean Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Bean Part Deux BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback.  Congratulations on the baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I delivered at PAH back in July and I also go to PennCare for Women. I love Dr. Kolecki. I was worried about her not being there when I delivered but in the end it didn't even matter. I ended up with a nurse and intern (who had only been there 5 days) in the room because Dr. Kolecki (she was on that day) was in another room.

Congrats and Good Luck! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
  • Options
    I just delivered my first baby at Pennsy in the beginning of February and was pretty satisfied with my experience. I transfered to Penn OB/GYN and Midwifery Care when I was 25 weeks pregnant and only saw midwives. Each of the women I met with were great so I was comfortable not knowing who would actually be there during the delivery. The only downside to this office is if you don't get an early morning appointment chances are you'll end up having to wait 45+ min after your scheduled appointment time to actually be seen... at least this is my experience. Good luck and congratulations! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had to see Dr. Nemiroff once.  My dr's are actually at HUP but the procedure I needed to have done required special training and the dr. @ HUP was on vacation.  I had never seen a male dr. before but he made me comfortable and had great bedside manner.  I haven't had any complications or anything.  Appointments are a bit hard to come by at his office, but they have other doctors and midwives on staff too.

PAH was awesome too.  I was dealing with a pregnancy loss and they were great about keeping me separate from everyone, handling our baby's funeral arrangements and getting me in touch with grief counselors.

• Options
    Dr. Tim Shawl is very good there and actually delivers all his patients (or rarely his partner Dr. Feinstein does) even though PA hospital uses the laborist model.
  • Options

imagedanni914:
    Dr. Tim Shawl is very good there and actually delivers all his patients (or rarely his partner Dr. Feinstein does) even though PA hospital uses the laborist model.

Thanks.  Have you always seen male OBGYN? 

• Options
    No not until recently but even though I was nervous at first going to a male doc I have found it doesn't really make a difference.  My mom and sister both work and PA hospital and Dr. Shawl is highly recommended by them and my RE recommended him as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"