June 2011 Moms
Options

oh no! now no one is going to be around when baby is born!

I posted last night about how my in-laws will be going to visit SIL and family a week before my due date(June 22) since my niece is making her 1st Communion that weekend.    It's very important for them to be there for her and I totally understand and support their decision.   Niece will know if they aren't there for her; this baby won't know.    

Today I learned that my aunt will be on vacation from June 18-27.  She has always been like a 2nd mother to me, even more so ever since my mom passed away 3 years ago.    So that was a little disappointing but I don't expect her to plan her life around my due date.      

And then she told me that she thinks my dad is going away too!   My dad is from North Dakota and plans on going back to his hometown to attend this county fair.  I knew he was planning on going but I thought he was going in mid-July.   My aunt said she thinks the fair is in June.   I looked up the info...it's June 30-July 3.  If he plans on going several days before the fair opens, he might not be here either.  

I know it's not the end of the world and I don't expect everyone to drop everything and schedule their lives around my due date.   But I would be lying if I said it doesn't hurt or that I'm not disappointed that some of the most important people in our lives may not be here.  

Okay...pity party is over.    Now to start figuring out what we're going to do if all 3 of them are out of town at the same time and I go into labor....who is going to watch DS?   Time to find a Plan D!!!!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: oh no! now no one is going to be around when baby is born!

• Options
    Why not call your Dad and tell him that you'd really like him to be there. I don't think it's too much to ask for him to be there.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • Options
    Yes  maybe if he is told how much it means to you for him to be there, he will make sure he is there (holding off on the fair or other plans for a bit)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecvl105:
    Why not call your Dad and tell him that you'd really like him to be there. I don't think it's too much to ask for him to be there.

My aunt said she was going to say something to him and remind him that my due date is June 22.   He was going over there either tonight or tomorrow to help my uncle with something.

I don't want to make a special call just to say don't go to the fair because I'm having a baby!     When I see him this weekend at church, I'll just ask him if he plans on going home for the fair and what dates and take it from there.   

I'm going to assume he is being a typical male and just totally forgot about dates.   My mom was always in charge of that.   

• Options
    It's funny, I'm just the opposite! I only want my h around and we asked our families to not come out for that first week. It's a little different that we live on opposite coasts, but I'm looking forward to a little time with just the 3 of us. I agree with the PP that I'm sure if you mention it to your dad, that he'll change his plans.
  • Options

imagekbel424:
    It's funny, I'm just the opposite! I only want my h around and we asked our families to not come out for that first week. It's a little different that we live on opposite coasts, but I'm looking forward to a little time with just the 3 of us. I agree with the PP that I'm sure if you mention it to your dad, that he'll change his plans.

I was the same way when the boys were born. But for the second delivery, if someone isn't there to watch the boys, it means that my husband won't be there when baby #3 is delivered.

I think having your aunt say something to your dad is a great idea.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"