Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Traveling on an airplane for the first time...Advice??

Hi ladies!

We are taking DD on her first plane trip in a little over a week and I'm starting to read up on TSA policy and what not.  Any advice to make things go smoothly?  She will be 9 months old and we did not purchase her a seperate seat.  My husband will be with me but I am so nervous about going through security.  I can just see her fussing, the diaper bag spilling on the floor, etc. 

Where do I want to pack her can of formula?  In my checked bag or in my carryon?  We are planning on buying diapers there.  I've been using those baby food in the pouches that they can suck right out without a spoon.  Do you know if I can bring those on?  What about wet wipes, desitin and baby tylenol? 

Any advice is appreciated!!

Re: Traveling on an airplane for the first time...Advice??

• Options
    DO NOT PACK WATER!!! Buy the water after you get through security. Everything else is ok. Pack your formula in your carry-on. Make sure you get an aisle seat. Those are easier. I am not sure about the baby food. Call the airline to make sure. DH, DS, and I are flying in 2.5 weeks as well, but this my 4th trip with DS on an airplane.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    KRB8KRB8 member

I don't normally post over here, but I'm pretty familiar with the TSA regulations.  You can bring a reasonable amount of formula or breastmilk with you through security.  They don't have to be in less than 4 ounce containers.  However, they will test the air over the formula to ensure it is what you're claiming it is.  So just make sure you allow for enough time to get through security.

Wipes should be fine to go through security.  Desitin & Tylenol are considered medical items, so it doesn't have to be less than 4 ounces, if you carry it on.

I'm not so sure about baby foods.  I think it's okay though since you're allowed to bring food through security.  It is food.  I probably wouldn't bring too much just in case, but I'm guessing it should be fine.

I'm actually flying tomorrow morning with DD.  I plan on bringing all the above you have mentioned through security.  If they take my baby food away from me, I'll post on your thread again.  If not, assume it's okay.

Have fun on your trip!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"