Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Which Britax Convertible Car Seat?

Any recommendations??

Roundabout, Marathon, Boulevard??  What are the differences?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Which Britax Convertible Car Seat?

• Options

4 of my friends that have babies LOVE their Marathon 70's. I went to BRU and asked the salesperson to explain all of the differences, etc and then read reviews. After weighing all of those things, we chose to register for the Marathon70 as well.

Obviously no experience yet, but hoping we're happy with the seat! 

• Options

We bought two Boulevards because they have the extra side-wing protetection, my mom bought the Marathon.  I don't think you can wrong with any that you listed.  LO is still in his infant seat so we haven't tried any of them out yet.

It may be bigger than the Marathon but both our cars can easily handle it(Jeep Grand Cherokee and Nissan Altima) so the extra protection was worth it to us.  DH is a police officer so we go a bit above and beyond on safety items. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageKimee13:
    We bought two Boulevards because they have the extra side-wing protetection, my mom bought the Marathon.  I don't think you can wrong with any that you listed.  LO is still in his infant seat so we haven't tried any of them out yet.

We have the Boulevard 70 CS for the same reason, extra protection. That's the difference between the Marathon and the Boulevard.

• Options

I registered for Boulevard and got it. However, I am returning it because it is HUGE and it was really expensive ($330). At Albeebaby.com, the Roundabout is $155ish. It's much smaller and just as safe. Additionally, the warranty on Britax carseats is 1 year from the date of purchase. Since the baby won't need this seat until he or she is several months old, I will purchase it at a later date. Car seats are like cars, new models come out every year and then the older carseats become much cheaper. Thus, I plan to use the $330 for things I need now and will get a convertible carseat closer to when I use it.

Another thing to consider- the Britax Boulevard goes up to 70 lbs. However, at 70 lbs, it is likely that your child may grow out of it due to height much earlier than 70 lbs.

DS #1: (Summer 2010) Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Endometrin & B2B IUIs (Hail Mary Cycle) DC #2&3: IVF #1 (November 2011) Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Britax tend to do well in general. We got one Marathon (because it was on clearance for $200 and we got one Roundabout on Amazon $150. Both were shower gifts.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"