December 2010 Moms
Options

I just got rejected...

by my 3 month old! Every single night of her life I have been the one to put her to sleep. I think DH has done it once. I am the one that can get her to calm down no matter what. Tonight, I fed her, played with her, got her changed in her jammies and sat down to read a book with her. She started fussing and then all out screaming. DH came in and played his belly drums (yes, he plays the drums on his belly and it makes her stop crying in seconds) but that wasn't working. I asked him to hold her so I could wash my hands to check for teeth. The second I handed her over to him, she stopped crying. I checked, no teeth. So I took her to swaddle her up and put her to bed. As soon as I took her, she started screaming again! Sad

We traded her off a couple of times and each time I had her, she cried, each time I handed her back, she stopped. So he rocked her to sleep and tucked her into bed. And I sat on the couch feeling sad that I wasn't putting my baby to bed and that she wanted nothing to do with me! Crying Silly, I know. I should be happy that she is bonding with DH and he gets to experience that fun stuff too, like snuggles before bed, but it still makes me sad!  Am I totally crazy?!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: I just got rejected...

• Options
    I cried the day I put L into the swing to go pee and came back to find him passed out. I had nursed him to sleep every single time before then. You're not crazy... It's pretty cool when they need you for everything and other people being able to is the first sign of that fading :'-(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    well, I feel a little better. She woke up after a while and was hungry so I'm feeding her now. We'll see if she goes back down for me when she's done!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1ht

my what to expect book says sometimes a person switch is what they need to calm down. not personal but they can pick up on moms anxiety.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Why do they have to make it smell so good if you can't eat it?? BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagelindseybell3:

1ht

my what to expect book says sometimes a person switch is what they need to calm down. not personal but they can pick up on moms anxiety.

My brain knows this, but it wasn't talking to my heart last night. I think they had a fight.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"