November 2012 Moms
Options

lying...

Is anybody just flat lying to people about their BFP?  After going through a loss and dragging our parents along for the ride I don't want to do that again.  It was the biggest roller coaster ride of our life and I felt awful seeing my parents stress about it too.  I'm not wanting to even tell our family until after our first sono in 2 weeks.  My mom and MIL have already asked how this round of clomid went and we lied to both of them.  I even posted a fake blog post to fool my mom because she stalks it.  Sometimes I feel like I'm jinxing something.  This is so hard!  I just hope this is a sticky little bean and we get to surprise them with a sono pic in a couple weeks! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: lying...

• Options
    Im trying to set up an interpreting agency. I'm trying to hire interpreters so when I go on maternity leave, I can hire other interpreters and I still make money. So it's hard not telling my new interps the reason why I am hiring them! They will find out soon! So that's tough!
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When we were pregnant with our son we were originally pregnant with twins and told everyone and then one stopped developing around 8 weeks. We will not be telling anyone until about 12 weeks. It was really hard to have to go back and explain to everyone what happened.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We've been on Clomid too and had a loss in the fall. I'm keeping everything quiet for now. I know it feels bad, but I think you're doing the right thing. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Agree with Ms. Jade, it's for the best. Only my sister knows we were TTC. We got pregnant on our first try back in August & that ended in a chemical pregnancy. I had told her really early about my BFP & when we lost it, she was sad for me. It was early on (5 weeks) but I just don't want to say anything and "jinx" us. So what I did was tell her I'm on a diet and when she invited me to happy hour, I told her I couldn't because I don't want to tempt myself with bad food/drinks. So far she hasn't said anything else. I'm going to hold out until 6 weeks to tell her & my mom and then the rest of the family after 1st tri. I had a close call yesterday with my sister. She wanted to stop by after work (she has a key to my house). Usually she just lets herself in, which is what I've told her to do. Well I totally forgot I left "What to Expect When You're Expecting" out in the family room. I raced home as fast as I could and barely got there before her. I hid the book & cleared out the laptop & iPad history (Thebump, pregnancy websites, etc), in case she asked if she could use either. Phew! I'll be happy when it's out in the open!!
  • Options

I'm not exactly lying to anyone, since no one has actually came out and asked "are you pregnant?"

I am however giving false leads and saying things like "well, if we ever have another one...." No one in our family knows, and doesn't know we were trying for #2; so it will be a great surprise for everyone!

Just keep telling yourself that the wait is totally worth it once you get to tell everyone and see their reactions (that's what is keeping me sane at this point!)

Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"