Cincinnati Babies

Bridal brunch location suggestion

I am planning a bridal shower for a friend who's wedding I am in. Originally I was thinking of doing it at my house, but my baby shower is going to be the day before and the guest list is only 19 people, so I was thinking about looking into a restaurant we could go to instead. The shower is planned for March 13th, but not set in stone. The first two places I was thinking of were Bonbonerie and Tellers. At Bonbonerie for 14 or less people there is no room charge, but over 14 there is a $125 room charge, which I would be fine paying out of pocket (I figured I would be spending at least that much if it was at my house). At Tellers there is no room charge only a food and beverage minimum (not sure what that is but I assume we would hit it).

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a brunch place for a group less than 20 that has no room charge or minimum room charge? It doesn't have to have a separate room, but we would need to be able to at least make a reservation for 20ish.

Also, I'm not too savvy in terms of my bridal shower experience, but I assume people understand that if it is at a restaurant they would be paying for their own food? Should I say something in the invitation? Any suggestions in general would be great. Obviously I would clear the whole plan with the bride before I book anything or send out invitations.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bridal brunch location suggestion

• I am not sure about minimum room or food charges but my baby shower was at Brio at Newport on the Levee. They have a separate room that can accommodate your size party and a nice brunch menu.

I am not sure about expecting to pay my way at a shower unless I am one of the hosts. If it were at your house the guests wouldn't be expected to pay, right? So I would think at a restaurant they wouldn't be expected to pay either. (And how, exactly, would you word that in an invitation? LOL. Seriously I am trying to think of a tactful way to word it and I am coming up blank). I guess my understanding of showers is that the hosts are exactly that - hosts. They are throwing a party and as such would be expected to feed guests. Are you sharing hostessing duties with anyone? 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagerobbinrl:

Also, I'm not too savvy in terms of my bridal shower experience, but I assume people understand that if it is at a restaurant they would be paying for their own food?

No, it is the opposite actually.  I would never expect to be invited to a shower and then have to pay for my own food, nor would I ask that of my guests as the host of the shower.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Hmmm...well it sounds like doing it at a restaurant may be out altogether. The maid of honor is supposed to be helping me, but she hasn't even been responding regarding anything so I don't think I could count on her to split the tab for a restaurant. Thanks for the input.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"