Cincinnati Babies

Help!! Nursing Bras

I bought two today @ Target & when trying them on at home realized that I've gone up a size. I bought my regular size (34D) & now (without my milk in) I'm clearly a DD & probably need to go up to a 36 at that.

Do you buy for your "normal" regular size like you do maternity clothes? or do you account for "extra" because of your milk? I'm so confused!! Do you also account for pads that you have to put into the bra as well? I've always wore underwire bras as they are the most comfy for "me" but I'm wondering is this a bad idea for after birth/nursing? Where do you find good nursing bras? I was not impressed with Targets selection today.

Sorry about all those questions.....I have no idea about this stuff!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help!! Nursing Bras

• I would definitely suggest to hold off on buying nursing bras until your milk comes in.. You will have no idea what size you need until then.
    I would suggest buying a couple of nursing tanks (they come in s,m,l,xl and the straps adjust) to get you through till you can get a bra.. I actually wore my tanks a lot the entire 15 months I nursed. They were very comfy and I ended up sleeping in them (I couldn't get away with sleeping without)
    I used Target bras but they weren't the best..next time I'll get some nicer bras. Bravado online are really nice.
  • Both times I bought a couple Target bras to get me through the first couple weeks until my size kind of stabilized.  Then I got fitted and bought more bras.  I really like the Medela soft cup bras.  You'll definitely need a bigger size once the baby is born.

The store I liked closed, but I've heard good things about Nordstrom.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm a fan of the Bravado original nursing bras - it's got a stretchy cup so that it'll work for a range of sizes before you figure out what you are going to need long term.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just to give you an idea....I'm usually a 34A and my current nursing bra is a 36D!  Stick out tongue  So I wouldn't buy too many and plan on trying more on after your milk comes in.  I remember being this size for quite a few months with DS before having to buy a smaller size.
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree w/ pp that I would hold off on buying too many nursing bras now. I was a 36DD when pg and then I was a 36G when nursing Indifferent not to scare you or anything lol What I bought was one of these. It was nice b/c it was comfortable and stretchy and grew with me. After your milk comes in and settles down after a week or two I went and got fitted at Motherhood Express (which I highly recommend, they have a great selection and a huge variety of sizes and sales people who know what they are doing when measuring for nursing moms). I didnt have very good luck w/ nursing tanks, I had a bravado one that was comfortable and fit but was WAYYYY too low cut to actually ever wear since I need a tank that helps with modesty since most of my shirts are too low cut IMO to wear without a tank. But it worked for around the house. HTH!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I used tank nursing bras until after my milk 'came in'.  Your size defiantly changes.  I was a size C then after having Cedric a DD.  I had no clue what size I would be, so hold off!

• I've been wearing nursing tanks for the last year.  I bought two nursing bras at Target, but I am much more comfortable in the tanks.  I wear them to sleep in as well.  Good luck!
    Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
    Baby Sister is coming soon!
  • imageJessica&Brett:
    I've been wearing nursing tanks for the last year.  I bought two nursing bras at Target, but I am much more comfortable in the tanks.  I wear them to sleep in as well.  Good luck!

This I LOVE my nursing tanks!! I don't think I ever want to wear a bra again honestly.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • I also like the Bravado nursing bras and this is the kind I have:

https://www.bravadodesigns.com/shop/the-bliss-nursing-bra

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• imageLucky_N_Love:

imageJessica&Brett:
    I've been wearing nursing tanks for the last year.  I bought two nursing bras at Target, but I am much more comfortable in the tanks.  I wear them to sleep in as well.  Good luck!

This I LOVE my nursing tanks!! I don't think I ever want to wear a bra again honestly.

Ha!  I'm dreading the return to normal bras too I think... I think I'll put it off for a while longer :)

Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
    Baby Sister is coming soon!
  • I'm pretty large up top already and am spilling out slightly of my regular bras, but not too much. I just ordered an underwire bra from figleaves.com yesterday. I bought my current regular size but they have free returns. I love Target tanks and the bravado bras too but feel like I'm wearing a sports bra with the uni-boob effect too much which doesn't work for me when I go back to work. I just wore my regular bras with ds1 and unhooked them when I nursed which was worked for me too but not so convienent when pumping at work.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm pretty large up top already and am spilling out slightly of my regular bras, but not too much. I just ordered an underwire bra from figleaves.com yesterday. I bought my current regular size but they have free returns. I love Target tanks and the bravado bras too but feel like I'm wearing a sports bra with the uni-boob effect too much which doesn't work for me when I go back to work. I just wore my regular bras with ds1 and unhooked them when I nursed which was worked for me too but not so convienent when pumping at work.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"