Military Families
Options

Frustrated and need advice

I know I don't write here often but I have a 7 month old with a guy in the Army. Well I just got off the phone with his Sgt in Kansas and she pretty much told me he will be going over to Iraq even with pending cases with court like his gas thefts, bad checks, driving under suspension and not paying child support or the fact he has been taken into emergency protective custody for wanting to kill himself about 12 times. She told me I could send the emails and records but if he passes his eval he will be going over.

Only good thing I guess is I will finally get money. 

Vent over

Re: Frustrated and need advice

• Options
    What, exactly, do you need advice about? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sorry nothing really just don't see how some with a record and a standing record could go serve our country. No advice needed
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageracing04:
    Sorry nothing really just don't see how some with a record and a standing record could go serve our country. No advice needed

If they are pending cases, he doesn't have a record. 

• Options
    I would think you would be happy. You get your money and he will be gone so you don't have to deal with him.
  • Options

If he's in the Army, he has a regular paycheck.  Can you not have a court order his wages be garnished?  I ran a restaurant and several of my employees had their wages garnished for CS.  Then he could never be in arrears.

• Options

imageracing04:

I agree with you on that, but it does happen, and the military will overlook things when they need people badly enough.  Just look at Bradley Manning, the accused Wikileaks leaker, they sent him over there knowing he had mental health issues.

• Options
    Ha, good luck getting money. My ex is in the army and i have talked to all his upper rank and he still isnt paying child support. He owes me 3000 in back owed child support and is being deployed in may. I have applied for serves through the state of texas and they have informed me that they will go after him but it can take up to a year to recieve any money.
  • Options
    As long as you have a court ordered child support order, you can contact DFAS and get a wage garnishment. You do not have to go through the servicemember's command at all. I only have my Ipad, so no linking, but here is the DFAS website at explains how you go about getting a COURT ORDERED Child Support directly from the Wages. https://www.dfas.mil/militarypay/garnishment/supp-qa.html.
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"