Houston Babies

24 weeks and period like cramping, normal?

Hi ladies.  I am 24 weeks pregnant with my first pregnancy.  This morning I have been experiencing period like cramps.  I would say that they are medium in strength and definately uncomfortable.  Kind of an achiness like I would get with my period.  Normally I would curl up in bed with a heating pad, but my doctor has said no heating pad and I am at work today (I teach high school).  I don't know whether or not I should call my doctor.  My head tells me it's probably normal, but I just don't know.  It's been almost 3 hours and they aren't easing up.  I took two tylenol and those have done nothing so far.

What do you ladies think....normal or call my doctor?

Courtney

Re: 24 weeks and period like cramping, normal?

• Tell the doctor. Is the cramping just in the front or does it wrap around from your back to the front. I had cramping around 27 weeks and later found out it was not cramping it was contractions. I did not realize until I went into full blown labor at 36 weeks. When I went into labor I realized the labor pains were the same I felt weeks earlier but this time they were not stopping.
    DSC02496
    5/17/09 Silverlake Sprint Triathlon 1:28:32
    10/3/09 Susan G. Komen 5K 28:58
    1/17/10 Chevron Half Marathon 2:09:08
    2/27/10 ConocoPhilips Rodeo Run 10K 1:10:49
  • Definitely call your doctor ASAP.  I hope they're just growing pains!
  • Loading the player...
  • I would call your doctor just to be safe. I have had these and I was told to lay on my left side and drink a lot of water.  The water and rest always works for me.  I was told if they do not stop after that then I would need to go in. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!  I ended up calling the doctor.  The cramps were just in the front and weren't getting any better.  My doctor sent me in to labor and delivery testing at the hospital.  They monitored me for several hours and ran a bunch of tests.  The baby looks great :)  Turns out I have a bladder infection.  I've never been so happy to have a bladder infection before!  On the list of what could have been I can definately deal with the infection.  We're home now and resting, drinking lots and lots of water and taking my antibiotics.

Thanks again!

Courtney
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"