Military Families
Options

thats it! ive had it!

after 4+ years of hell, im taking my kids off of tricare prime.  these people at the naval hospitol are rediculous! 

the final straw: yesterday i took my DS in for a doc appt.  then i went across the hall to get both DS and DD their flu shot. (i know a little late)  so they went to look up my daughter and they said she cant get it under me.  so they send me down to medical reacords and tell me to have her 'walked through'. down there she is under me, at PSD she is under me, at DEERS she is under me, and everywhere else.  so i go back up there and they say they found her under her dads last four.  WTH??!!! he has been out of the service for 3 years!  they say well we can give it to her under him.....then what?  bill him for it because he is longer covered under tricare?  i ask them how i can fix and they dont know!  UGH! i wanted to scream! 

that is just one of my stories, i have many others.  one time we had to get my son tested for something. they had to get 4 drops of blood on these little circles.  here comes these two little non rates to do the work.  they stuck my son in his feet so many times, i almost cried.  then they had the nerve to say that i should be helping.  my H was helping because he can stomach it.  i would have punched that little kid in his face.  come to find out the first one they did was wrong and they finally sent a nurse in to do it again.  at which point i walked out because i was so upset. 

oh im so discusted i cant take it!   i dont care about co-pays anymore!  if i could take myself out i would.......

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: thats it! ive had it!

• Options
    I really think that the military takes advantage of the fact that they KNOW they don't pay the SM enough for us to NOT be in tricare prime. I'm Pregnant and I hate my MTF OBGYNS but I can't do anything about it. I'm lucky enough to not have a pediatrician in our area so we get to take the little one out in town for free under prime once she comes.
    imageimage
  • Options
    imagecearleyjay:

after 4+ years of hell, im taking my kids off of tricare prime.  these people at the naval hospitol are rediculous! 

the final straw: yesterday i took my DS in for a doc appt.  then i went across the hall to get both DS and DD their flu shot. (i know a little late)  so they went to look up my daughter and they said she cant get it under me.  so they send me down to medical reacords and tell me to have her 'walked through'. down there she is under me, at PSD she is under me, at DEERS she is under me, and everywhere else.  so i go back up there and they say they found her under her dads last four.  WTH??!!! he has been out of the service for 3 years!  they say well we can give it to her under him.....then what?  bill him for it because he is longer covered under tricare?  i ask them how i can fix and they dont know!  UGH! i wanted to scream! 

that is just one of my stories, i have many others.  one time we had to get my son tested for something. they had to get 4 drops of blood on these little circles.  here comes these two little non rates to do the work.  they stuck my son in his feet so many times, i almost cried.  then they had the nerve to say that i should be helping.  my H was helping because he can stomach it.  i would have punched that little kid in his face.  come to find out the first one they did was wrong and they finally sent a nurse in to do it again.  at which point i walked out because i was so upset. 

oh im so discusted i cant take it!   i dont care about co-pays anymore!  if i could take myself out i would.......

I know you are just venting, but your issues are things that are resolvable. Sounds like you need to verify with DEERS and Tricare that DD is under your SSN now. She will always show with a separate record under your DH, but should also show under you now. Occasionally DEERS has hiccups, and information needs to be updated/re-entered.

The blood spot card is mandatory testing by law. If anyone (tech, nurse, Dr) is giving care that you are not happy with, you should file a complaint. This isn't a Tricare Prime issue, it's a life issue. There will be healthcare workers off post that are not up to par either.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have standard and I LOVE it!!  I will never go on Prime if I can avoid it, I've just heard so many horror stories and I think picking doctors for me and DD is worth the little bit of $$.  So far, I've paid less than $150 in the past year for DD's birth and the first 6 months fo her life and that has all been for me.  The $16/day in the hospital and then part of my pap smear.  That's it in medical expenses.  No co-pays for her office visits (Tricare covers all well baby).  I highly suggest it! 

Good luck making the switch.  I'm sorry you have had such a difficult time on base!

• Options
    Oh boy!!! I am so happy that I have not had these problems... I wish you luck on changing your insurance..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Honestly, you problems don't seem that bad to me. It took me two years and four injuries for my PCM to finally do an MRI ob my neck. When they finally did it, I had to have a fusion done, which my civilian surgeon is sure could have been avoided had it been taken seriously earlier. I won't even get into the horrible care I received while delivering my son.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Since DEERS is the computer system that determines eligibility for TRICARE, if your DD is entered in the system under YOUR SS#, then all should be kosher.

The MTF or the MCSCs must follow what DEERS indicates, since THAT is where the ELIGIBILITY RECORDS LIE.

Go to the TRICARE Service Center first, then walk over to the DEERS office if the problem is with DEERS.

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options

https://www.tricare.mil/mybenefit/ProfileFilter.do?puri=%2Fhome%2FMedical%2FFindingAProvider

Go to the tab that says Network Providers then choose the region you live in and you will have several search options for finding off base providers covered by Tricare Prime. You do not need to use the base if you choose not to. You will still have to call Tricare referral management for a referral or if your PCM is willing ask them to refer you.

I have had horrible experiences with my son before we were able to be seen on base and we are talking an infant having to give viles of blood. He was poked in the arm probably 17 times before they had someone who knew what they were doing come and get it in the first try. He was looking at me and just screaming uncontrollably. It was a WONDERFUL network of genetic drs in Austin, TX. Some people are just not experienced when it comes to small babies. It wont change wherever you go. I had to file a complaint and be on my way in tears.  

The DEERS issue is easily fixed if you go to the office. I am filed under my husband's name as his first AND second wife. We have never broken up or separated, somebody just messed up and didnt remove their mistake. This irritates me because now if I make an appt on base I have 2 different profiles my appt can be under and it causes confusion EVERY time. I need to visit DEERS also.

• Options
    I've NEVER HAD PROBLEMS 6 years and nothing I Love it I had TRICARE PRIME Happy and now I have TRICARE REMOTE Happy...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"