Cloth Diapering
Options

Flushable liners with prefolds?

DS is starting solids in a few weeks and frankly, I'm terrified about the poop.  We use prefolds, and I'd like to keep using them, but the thought of scrapping poop with a plastic knife sounds like no fun, so I'd like to throw a flushable/disposable liner in there.

1. Have any of you used liners with prefolds?  (I feel like they are more designed for AIOs/Pockets)

2. What is your experience in general with liners?  They seem sorta scratchy for baby's bottom.  Does most of the poop manage to stay ON the liner, I'm afraid the liner will get out of place and all the poop will go straight to the diaper.  

3. Does anyone have a fave liner brand? 

We said "I Do" on 9/27/2008!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Flushable liners with prefolds?

• Options

I can no longer find my favorite brand.  I believe my 2nd favorite was the Kushies.

For pfs, what we did was put them up touching DS's bum before we did the fold underneath, so that the liner was touching as much of DS's bum as possible, rather than the pf, including the edges where the leg holes were.  It didn't catch everything, but made it quite a bit better than it was without.  We now use fleece liners the same way.  If you wanted, you could just try fleece.  It is much better than just pf for poop, but I think we'll still do the flushable for that peanut butter poo stage this time around.  There are still times when the fleece liners aren't totally ploppable, and I'm sure that it would have been worse during the switchover from EBF to solids.

It was definitely worth doing.  It didn't seem to bug DS at all, and I didn't feel that they were that rough.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Just an FYI, even though they say they are flushable do not flush them. They don't break down in your system and will eventually cause a clog - either in your line or the city/town/etc. if they do make it to a treatment plant, pump station - they are screened and then thrown away.

I think they are great and plan on using them but just throw them away. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have some but never really used them... I bought a diaper sprayer and spray poop off dds dipes that way. That or you could throw them in a bucket full of warm water for a while, then drain the bucket and throw the dipe in the pail. There are ways around scraping. Wink
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"