March 2011 Moms
Options

Snow Snow Snow...Well maybe I'll get the Nursery done

I'm sitting at work right now watching the snow fall like mad, and this is not even the bad stuff yet. In the next few days we are supposed to break the record for most snow fall in a 24hr period EVER in Illinois. It is supposed to start getting really bad tomorrow afternoon ( they are calling it a blizzard) and we are supposed to get 12-18 inches in 24hrs! Not to mention we are supposed to get 3-4 tonight. Now this may not be an issue in a lot of places. But here in Central Illinois, we don't know how to deal with just a few inches, so 20 inches and the whole town is freaking out. Grocery stores are runny out of bread and milk, it's like Y2K all over again lol. I just hope I don't have any pregnancy issues in the next few days. I think when I get home tonight I am just going to hunker in, and get the Nursery done!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Snow Snow Snow...Well maybe I'll get the Nursery done

• Options

Good luck!!!

I think we're supposed to get the tail end of that storm too; we're calling for about a foot and this is what the Weather Network posted earlier:

"The heavy snowfall and blowing snow will cause whiteout conditions making for extremely hazardous driving conditions. The public should be prepared to change plans accordingly to avoid travel during the storm. This storm has the potential to create near-paralyzing conditions"

Its supposed to be the worst on Wednesday, I'm just lucky I'm off that day and I've already told DH I want him to work from home if it's that bad - otherwise I'll worry about him all day!!  Post some pics if you finish the nursery!! Smile

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

So with you.  I used to live in Wisconsin but I am in Oklahoma now.  They are expecting a few inches of ice tonight and then 10-18 inches of snow   I think the city here will shut down.  They just plain don't have the equipment to even handle snow like that.  We are at a blizzard warning to.

So I am for staying in too.  Be safe and keep warm up there.  

P.S.  I had to spy on the February board and see what the ladies who are due any time think of this weather across the Midwest.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Our Fur-babies: Oliver, Leela, & Neville Our Puppies
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I so wish I still had snow days!   Being an adult stinks!  I'll still have to go to work after 15+in of snow on Wed.  Boo.  :(
    Baby Boy Born 3.15.11. 8lb 9oz, 21.75in. 6 month stats: 20lb 11oz (92%tile), 30.12in.(100%tile - who knew it went over 99th? Which means 100% of other 6 month olds are shorter than mine!)
  • Options

I'm in IL too and it should be very interesting tonight and tomorrow.  I'm suppossed to work in the morning but if we get that much snow I won't even be able to get out of my driveway.  So we will see what happens.

• Options

imageAddi517:
    I'm sitting at work right now watching the snow fall like mad, and this is not even the bad stuff yet. In the next few days we are supposed to break the record for most snow fall in a 24hr period EVER in Illinois. It is supposed to start getting really bad tomorrow afternoon ( they are calling it a blizzard) and we are supposed to get 12-18 inches in 24hrs! Not to mention we are supposed to get 3-4 tonight. Now this may not be an issue in a lot of places. But here in Central Illinois, we don't know how to deal with just a few inches, so 20 inches and the whole town is freaking out. Grocery stores are runny out of bread and milk, it's like Y2K all over again lol. I just hope I don't have any pregnancy issues in the next few days. I think when I get home tonight I am just going to hunker in, and get the Nursery done!

I live in your area too. And I am off to go grocery shopping because I forgot to go yesterday!

• Options
    I think we are supposed to get the really bad stuff tomorrow.  But, it continues to snow.  I worry about my boyfriend because he has to commute 45 min to and from work on county roads... I know he is careful.  But I still worry when we get weather like this.
  • Options

imageAddi517:

DH always jokes that everyone likes to make french toast when it snows. People buy bread, milk and eggs like they won't get out of the house for two weeks, lol.

We've had about 87 huge storms in my neck of the woods already, so this is old news for me. We're supposedly getting 8-12 tomorrow then a couple inches of ice ovrenight. Fun! I think I'll call in Wednesday whether my train is running or not. Just because I hate my job and am feeling extra inclined to send them a big fuckyou this week. Nevermind my bitterness. :)

Stay in, stay warm, and stay safe!

imagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"