June 2011 Moms
Options

Active baby one day... not the next?

I have noticed that one day my LO will be really active, moving around all day. Then the next few days she is real calm. She is so calm sometimes to the point I start freaking out because I haven't felt her move all day. I have had two losses (one at 30 weeks) which is why I freak so bad. I was just wondering if any of you other moms out there have noticed their LO's doing the same?
~ Cassie ~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BabyFetus Ticker
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Active baby one day... not the next?

• Options

I've noticed the same thing. This is the my pregnancy so I don't really know whats normal, or whats normal for me, and I've been wondering the same thing. I have my 20 week sonogram tomorrow and am hoping he's doing alright! 

btw - WAR EAGLE!!!!! I'm an '06 Alum  :)

• Options
    Well, I lost my last two right at the end of the first trimester and beginingof second trimester so I was never far enough to feel them. I thought I would feel better once I passed the week I lost the last one. I know that's silly, it's just what was in my head (If we make it to week 15, we'll be ok..). If I don't feel LO for a while I poke until LO gets moving. I probably shouldn't do that, but I can't help it! Just think good thoughts. -And maybe bug him/her a little to move so you feel better!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This is my first, but from what I've read, you can't really expect consistent movement until 24 - 28 weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

And Then There Were Three...
    Married: 08/14/10
    Baby #1 Born: 06/18/11
    June Moms Blog
  • Options
    imagelpkuhr:

I've noticed the same thing. This is the my pregnancy so I don't really know whats normal, or whats normal for me, and I've been wondering the same thing. I have my 20 week sonogram tomorrow and am hoping he's doing alright! 

btw - WAR EAGLE!!!!! I'm an '06 Alum  :)

War Eagle!

It's great to be an Auburn Tiger!

~ Cassie ~

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Yeah, that's definitely the case for me. He's gotten really active so on the days when I don't feel much, I really notice it. It was that way yesterday, it was nighttime and I had hardly noticed a kick. But I was busy all day, so I think either I didn't notice or he's calmed by the movement. I was relieved to feel a few kicks at bedtime though.

Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • Options
    It's funny because as soon as I posted this she started moving around in there and has been quite all day! I was really busy also this weekend. I have to keep telling myself that she is okay. I do poke around on her a lot, lol. But I guess if she is sleeping, she is just like her daddy, she doesn't want to move or be bothered.
    ~ Cassie ~

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I think we're still early enough along that it isn't that constant, at least not as much as later on when you can give them a little rub and wake them up.

I go from lots of activity to none pretty regularly.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Rainbow baby, EDD 7/8/14, missed miscarriage 12/5/13. 
  • Options
    I think what you're feeling is totally normal. My baby's movements are sporadic; some days he/she is really active while I don't necessarily feel them at all the next day. Like other PPs have said, this is pretty normal from what I've read.  I can completely understand your concern given your past though. You might ask your doc at your next appointment just to get some reassurance.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the feedback! It really helps to know it's not just me, or my LO. I do realize the importance for later on movement. But it has been 7 years since I have been "this" pregnant!
    ~ Cassie ~

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    klvklv member
    I was just noticing this this week.  They will get more active in a few weeks.
  • Options
    I have not felt as much movement in the past few day, some but not a lot, i figure if i am sick and feeling crappy, then LO probably is not feeling quite as energetic either.
  • Options

I have found this with all of my kids... REALLY active one day (or two) and then they are worn out! LOL! They rest with the odd tiny thump and then before you know it, they get all crazy again! =)

• Options
    My LO did that. I hardly felt movement for about 2 1/2 days and when LO finally was moving around again, he/she was kicking mommy butt (literally!)!!
  • Options

I went in for the 20 week u/s and anatomy scan and he was A LOT more active than I thought! Almost too active to get all the correct measurements. Even though I was watching him move I had to concentrate to really notice the kicks. When I got home I sat on the couch and (firmly) felt my belly and I felt him flip! 

It's nice to know Auburn will have at least two more fans this year!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"