1st Trimester
Options

Some co-workers caught on

So last week was my worst week so far.  I was falling asleep at my desk and getting sick every single day.  Currently only my boss and one co-worker knows just in case I call in to be late.  Well another sneaky co-workers asks the other if im preggo.  She told her no.

Today something came up about taking Vitamins and how big they are.  Well i almost slipped and said prenatals!!! But i was just like oh I know I use to have a hard time with my Vit C Vitamins. Shes like blah blah wait till you take prenatals.  Little did she know.. or she did know. 

Then I get the hiccups for the second time today and she made another comment like thats the baby in front of others lol.

I finally told her so her comments wont lead others to knowing.

It was kind of funny though after she found out.  She said I was sneaky but the symptoms are written on my face.  It was a good laugh this morning. 

Just in case this happens to you girls...have a back up plan.I am not a good liar.  Embarrassed

Re: Some co-workers caught on

• Options
    sounds like your coworker needs to mind her own business and let you tell on your own time! sheesh! i've got a lot of nosey employees too - one of them asks me monthly if i'm pg, and i've about had it!!!!
  • Options

Thanks for the advice!

I'm worried about my co-workers.  We don't plan on sharing until after the 1st tri.  But DH and I were married about a month ago.  I lost about 20lbs before the wedding and some of my co-workers commented on it and asked me how it did it, etc. 

So I'm wondering how long I can keep my mouth shut and not be bothered by their looks as I start to gain wait.  What a surprise it will be when they find out the reason is more than just too many twinkies!!  

BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP  #4 - Beatrix V. Q. Born 6.2.13 at 23w6d.

My blog My chart
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yeah I had to tell a couple people already because I work with teenagers, pregnant girls, and babies. So there's going to be alot of stuff they're going to ask me to do that I won't be able to, such as carrying stuff for the pregnant girls. The other night they asked me to go with a (non-pregnant) girl to dye her hair and I had to tell a couple supervisors and one coworker then because I wasn't comfortable being around the hair dye.

And the girls I work with.....I swear they can sense it! They ask me every freaking day if I'm pregnant. And I'm a bad liar but I've been trying to sound believable. One day I made a comment about wanting more green beans..."You're pregnant!" Blah blah blah. Every. Day.This is going to be tough.

Haha, good luck to everyone else!

• Options
    does she work the entire time she is there? lol, she seems awfully preoccupied with you!
    imageimage
  • Options

I would have been pretty mad, actually. I'm glad you took it so well.

Personally, I think it's totally inappropriate to run around asking that kind of thing.

She should try and do her work and leave you alone.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"