March 2011 Moms
Options

anyone putting a mirror over the changing table?

If yes, then are you using a regular mirror or an acrylic one?
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: anyone putting a mirror over the changing table?

• Options
    Why do you want to put a mirror over the changing table?  If I were using a mirror near the baby at all, it would definitely not be one made of glass.  I'd hate for it to fall and cut the baby.
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

• Options
    I don't know what to put above the changing table/ dresser.  Anything that goes there runs the risk of getting squirted! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes we are - well, over the dresser that we will be using as a changing table.  It's a regular one. It's actually pretty big.  My dad is in charge of making sure it's secured to the wall this weekend. :)
    Baby Boy Born 3.15.11. 8lb 9oz, 21.75in. 6 month stats: 20lb 11oz (92%tile), 30.12in.(100%tile - who knew it went over 99th? Which means 100% of other 6 month olds are shorter than mine!)
  • Options

So many people having been suggesting this to me! I was thinking of using one that is made for the car (there is a nice, neutral eddie bauer mirror on target.com). The mirrors made specifically for use with infants in a car are not supposed to break if they fall. I am also having the changing table slightly away from the wall.

Parents whose babies hate being changed have sworn by this method of distraction! I might wait and see if LO hates it before I put a mirror up.

• Options
    Thanks for the responses. I was thinking of putting one there b/c babies are fascinated by their image but I haven't found any acrylic mirrors I like, although I'm still looking.  I plan to place a mobile over the changing table. Maybe that will be enough of a distraction?
  • Options
    Nah,,, the changing table will be in front of the window... am putting a mirror on the headrest in the backseat of the car so I can see Kyle when I look in the rearview mirror...
  • Options

if you are nervous about it... maybe your LO won't mind being changed ... or maybe the mobile will be enough of a distraction.

If you aren't particular about having it over your changing table, and just want one for LO, i think this is cute. That one could go in the crib, you can hold it to play with LO, or you can set it up by LO on the changing table.

• Options
    When I first read this, I was thinking you meant it would be hanging from the ceiling so the baby would be looking up at itself, lol.  I guess it makes sense to have a mirror as part of a dresser if that's what you mean. 
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"