DD -- 5YO
DS -- 3YO
dedl:He has had a couple but this last one seems to be the worse. He has been on antibotics since Christmas.
Might as well cut to the chase and get a referral to a good pediatric ENT. It can take a while to get in so you might want to have your pedi's office call for you because that can expedite the process.
You have every right to be concerned. I was too. I was a nervous wreck. On her 3rd round of antibiotics for the same ear infection, amongst the 4-5 she had already had in the past year, was finally the breaking point for me to say yay to the tubes. Her tubes have been in 9 months now, still there per the dctr, and she has had 2 infections since. So, are they working or is it because she is just getting older? Who knows?
It is a tough decision.
DS got tubes just after his first birthday. He'd had multiple infections, was allergic to one antibiotic, had resistance to another, had some hearing loss...it was enough.
Since the tubes he has not had another infection. Recovery - if you can even call it that - was very very quick. I am huge proponent of tubes.