Minnesota Babies

1st birthday suggestions?

In keeping with the theme of birthdays, I thought I'd try and get some ideas for my dd's 1st birthday coming up. I think I am in denial that my baby is going to be a year in almost a month and I don't have anything planned for a party. What did you do for your dd/ds 1st birthday? Do you invite their "friends" to their 1st bday party or just keep it small with family? Suggestions for a theme or other special details for a 1st birthday? Location suggestions if we have a larger party? TIA!

Photo taken at 16 months old
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 1st birthday suggestions?

• We invited immediate family and a few of our friends who have LO's and are "friends" with our DS. I think we had 23 people. We just did it at our house. Monkey theme. Got a super cute cake from SuperTarget (it was actually pull apart cupcakes and then decorated into a monkey's head). I made up sloppy joes that went in a crock pot and then just did chips, dips and veggies. We put up pictures from every month of LO's life, fun to look at. Got a few balloons, that's about it. I got plates and napkins at Target, I didn't find any monkey ones I liked but they had some that were brown with polka dots and I kind of went with the color theme of brown, blue and maroon. GL and have fun!
  • We rented a small park shelter in Mahtomedi.  We will have about 30ish people, mostly family and our friends.  My house is small and by renting a space for the party I don't have to clean it.  We are doing easy finger foods and cake. 

The theme is cupcakes and polka dots, all pink and white.  I'm making a birthday banner, a photo wall, pom poms to hang from the ceiling, centerpieces and the cake.  I have it all planned, I just need to finish the DIY stuff.  I can't wait...although I'm not ready for my baby to be a toddler:(

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I also did a birthday banner and a banner to go around the highchair that said "I am 1" with some monkeys in it.

• We did LO's at a local hotel, we had the breakfast room and then swam for a bit. It was a pool party so it went with the theme.

It was decent price too.

• The theme for Cora's party was Purple and Pearls (and also lace). Basically everything was made by me, except some of the candy. It was a lot of work but it was so much fun. Here's a link to some pics that I shared on the 12-24 board https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/47901425.aspx
  • imagecinderellabella:
    The theme for Cora's party was Purple and Pearls (and also lace). Basically everything was made by me, except some of the candy. It was a lot of work but it was so much fun. Here's a link to some pics that I shared on the 12-24 board https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/47901425.aspx

Wow! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I love everything. I may have my MIL sew a banner like that since she is a really good seamstress.

Photo taken at 16 months old
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"