Preemies
Options

New here (intro)

Hello Preemie mamas!!

My baby was born at 24 weeks weighing in at 1lb 7oz and 12 1/4 inches long due to IC and SROM. Isabella had a PDA ligation, Hydrocephalus due to a grade 3 bleed in her cerebellum.  After 9 days of birth, she had a perforation in her bowel and needed to have an ostomy.  She also had NEC, intubated for 1 month, CPAP for 1 month, nasula canula 1 month and off oxygen for the last most.

Isabella had 4 operations.  The PDA ligation, a reservoir placed for the hydrocephalus and the ostomy.  Miraculously the hydro self-resolved and the reservior was removed, she also had  reanastomosis to take down the ostomy.

After 139 days in the NICU, Isabella came home at 5 lbs 15 oz.  She is now 7lbs 2oz.

PRAISE GOD!!!

I look forward to sharing with all of you!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New here (intro)

• Options
    Wow, bless your heart. I am sorry you are here. I just posted about NEC. I am glad your LO has made it out okay.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Welcome and congratulation on your LO! She sounds like she is quite a fighter. I'm glad all is going well. This is a great board.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations on having her home with you.  It sounds like you had quite a journey.  We look forward to sharing her new journey with you.
  • Options
    Welcome, what a beautiful baby you have!  Congratulations on having her home with you!
               image      image      image
  • Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. Glad to hear that she is home and well.

• Options
    Welcome!  This board is awesome, and I am sure your experience shared will benefit us along the way.  Keep us posted!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks! I feel so.welcomed :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"