Philadelphia Babies

Lower Bucks Hospital

Hello,

My husband and I are expecting our first child in May.  We went on our first hospital tour today at Lower Bucks Hospital.  I would love to hear about any experiences at this hospital.  The nursing staff was very nice and the hospital was relatively quiet.  I'm just not sure about it because of the age.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Lower Bucks Hospital

• I delivered my daughter there 3 years ago.  I had a great experience- no complaints.  The nurses were great- very accommodating. 

I'll be delivering at St. Mary's for my 2nd one only b/c it's closer to my house. 

Good luck!

• Thanks!

St. Mary's is closer to my house also but my OB/GYN delivers at Lower Bucks.  I have read nothing but good things about Lower Bucks.  I am still trying to get comfortable with the idea.

• Loading the player...
  • Same thing with me- the practice I was with for my daughter only delivered at Lower Bucks that's how I ended up there.  I wanted to deliver at St. Mary's but was afraid to switch pratices mid-pregnancy.  (seems silly now- but I guess since it was my first I was nervous).  But I switched before I got pregnant again just so I could deliver closer to home.  But again- I have no complaints with Lower Bucks.  Congrats and good luck!!
  • I am in the same boat.  St Mary's is closer to my house but my OB delivers at Lower Bucks, so I will be delivering there too.  I am also due in May.  How was the tour?  I was debtating whether we should do it. 
  • I really enjoyed the tour.  the nurses were really nice. they took their time and answered all of our questions. this is my first so i am nervous about the whole process but the tour helped. are you also at the center for womens health
  • yes, i am at the center for women's health.  this is my first too.  how were the maternity suites?
  • I was also with the Center for Women's Health when I had my daughter.  They are all really nice Drs. 

As far as the suites go for Lower Bucks- they were very nice. I had a private room- I'm pretty sure they're all private rooms which is nice.

Good luck to both of you- I had a great experience both with that practice and the hospital. 

• The rooms were nice....but I don't have anything to compare them too.  They looked like hospital rooms :)  All of the rooms were private so that was really nice.  I think I was in shock during the whole time.  I'm still a little nervous about actually giving birth.
  • I am also at the Ctr for Women's Health (2nd appt. on Feb 4) but am considering switching because their midwives don't deliver.  I'm looking at Trenton Mercer Hospital (which I've heard good things about) and a practice in Yardley called Lawrenceville ObGyn.  Depending on their answers to my questions I may switch or stay with Ctr for Women's Health and deliver at Lower Bucks. 

Depending on where you live, Trenton Mercer may be eqi-distant to Lower Bucks.

Good Luck. I'll try to post if i switch to Lawrencville and let you know about them.

• Thanks for sharing.  I have heard good things about the Yardley practice. Good luck!  It was one that was recommended to me as well. I am 6.5 months along and have already had several appts at Ctr for Womens Health.  It has been nothing but a positive experience for me so I will not be switching at this point.

I was actually born at Lower Bucks Hospital and now I am having my baby there.  Crazy!

• I just delivered at Lower Bucks last Sunday! I have nothing but positive things to say about the hospital and staff. I am also a patient at CWH. We intended for a med-free birth and was able to do just that. Our nurse in L&D was very supportive and encouraging. I can say that during my office visits the OB's were not against the idea of med-free but their job/mindset is more medical. All I can say is regardless of what you decide to do is be an advocate for yourself. As for the rooms, all are private. My husband stayed with me the whole stay and they have extended visiting hours for immediate family.
  • Thanks for posting this. It makes me feel much better, esp about the med free birth. The NP I've seen so far at CWH has assured me that the docs will accomodate, I was just nervous about whether hospital routine would also accomodate.

We're planning to take a tour in the near future since we're not due until August.  Thanks again for the good words about CWH and Lower Bucks. Sets my mind at ease.

• I was originally with Center for Women's Health and switched so I could deliver at St. Mary's.  I went with Women's Health Associates of Bucks County and LOVED them and loved St. Mary's.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"