Pennsylvania Babies
Options

PSA: What I learned about VBAC after my appointment at Woodward .....

I had my annual exam yesterday and discussed possibly starting to try for #2 sometime this year.  When discussing, she asked me if I was going to try VBAC.  I was shocked because after I had DD via. c-section, I was told that they don't do VBAC at all.  Before learning that they are now doing it, I was I was conflicted between finding a different doctor who considers doing VBAC, or staying with them and facing the reality that a natural birth will never be in my cards because I love the practice so much.  I am so excited that staying with Woodward means that there is still a chance now that I could have a natural birth in my future.  Just thought that those wondering about VBAC in the area would like to know this info.  If this is old news to anyone, I apologize since it has been about 18 months since I was last there!  Big Smile
BFP #1= DD, We've been TTC DC #2 since 8/11. BFP #2 on 4/18/12, BO confirmed on 5/21/12, natural mc 0n 6/1/12. BFP #3 on 10/11/12.... Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: PSA: What I learned about VBAC after my appointment at Woodward .....

• Options
    Glad to hear the practice you like so much has changed their stance on VBAC!  And there is now a VBAC board here on the bump as well, if you are interested. 
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Options
    My doula told me that Woodward is really the only practice that will consider a VBAC!  You're definitely in good hands with them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I delivered baby #1 via emergency c-section after 3 hours of pushing.  The next 3 I delivered vaginally.  I tell anyone I can to give it a try.  I can't believe how much faster my recovery was after the last three versus the first one.  I am so happy I didn't just elect the repeat c.  All four deliveries were at Hershey Med.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"