3rd Trimester
Options

announcing my baby registry on Facebook?

Would that be stupid? I'm registered at Target/target.com. My baby shower invites will say I'm registered there, but my sister in law is a little late in sending out the invites. People should be getting them in the mail sometime in the next couple days, and my baby shower is February 5th. I just want them to know where I'm registered so they know and have enough time to buy off of it.

I probably won't be writing it on Facebook.. i'm just getting worried :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: announcing my baby registry on Facebook?

• Options

yeah I would call that tacky. People call look it up online or ask your sister in law.

There is enough time to also get the invites and know where you are registered.

People usually don't shop until a few days before anyway.

don't worry! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Don't do it. They'll find out when they get the invites, and some people will search obvious places like Target and BRU anyway.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I personally think that's tacky. If they are going to be getting the invites within a few days, they will have 2 weeks of knowing where you are registered.
  • Options

Tacky...with a capital T.

• Options
    don't do it!!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Tacky.  Ugh.  WTF would you do that?
    photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Don't worry. People can search your name at common places like BRU and Target if they're anxious to buy gifts early. From watching my registry before my showers I found that most people bought gifts the day before or even the day of the showers, so I wouldn't worry about it.
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I would not write it on FB!  I rarely shop ahead for a gift (unless it's a personalized gift that I order ahead of time, which wouldn't be off a registry anyway), so most people will be fine just knowing the week of.  If someone asks, you could tell them, but otherwise, they aren't even thinking about it yet anyway.
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options

To each their own, I suppose. But I would only post it on Facebook if you're planning on having your status say, "Buy me gifts, I'm slightly desperate!" LOL

I all of 5 items on a Target registry, and figured if someone wanted to know they'd ask me. 

• Options
    imageIvana.Stolichnaya:

Tacky...with a capital T.

Ivana your daughter is such a beautiful baby.

• Options
    beyond tacky
    EDD with #4  01-20-14
    Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

• Options
    I wouldn't.  I think it's a little presumptuous.  People often check on their own... I feel like registries are suggestions, but whatever people give they give...
  • Options
    I wouldn't say stupid, but it's tacky. If anyone is really rushed to get you something they'll either call the host, someone close to you or look at all the big retailer registries.
    Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DO NOT DO THIS!!!  unless you wnat everyone to think you are gift whore and want to get nothing out of spite from people.
  • Options
    Yeah I def think you should NOT do that, lol.  It will look really bad and there is plenty of time for people to get your gifts. I know it's exciting leading up to the shower and hoping you get everything you need, but I'm sure it will work out : )

Natural M/c 12/13/08 at 8w5d 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

FARK ON A STICK ... what is WITH you people today???  What on EARTH would make you think that announcing your registry on FB was a good idea???!  

I can't take many more of these stupid posts. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Options

t-a-c-k-y.

just say no!

• Options
    Don't. Just don't.
    TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• Options
    please don't do that. I am not trying to mean, just honest, People will talk about you and make fun of you for doing that. I understand the urgency you feel. Most people didn't buy my gifts until the week of my shower anyway. (I know because I stalked my registry) Don'tt worry. You will have all the stuff you need in a few weeks.
  • Options

Not only is it uber tacky, but it could definitely offend folks who you didn't invite to the shower.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagePhillychickadee:

Not only is it uber tacky, but it could definitely offend folks who you didn't invite to the shower.

oooh good point on this one as well.  People will ask if interested and Sarah is right, people usually don't buy until a couple days before the shower anyway.  My registry hardly moved until just before the shower itself so don't worry.  I know you said you probably wouldn't do it, which means you probably know better than to post it but I get it, you're stressed. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How on EARTH could that possibly be a good idea?! That is insanely tacky.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options
    Don't worry, they'll have plenty of time!  My friend's shower was this past Saturday and I didn't get the invite until the Friday before (not the day before, but the Friday before that).  Almost every gift she got was off her registry.  As long as I have a week's notice so I can get out of town to go shopping I'll always buy off a registry.  I generally think that most people don't shop until the last week anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"