August 2011 Moms
Options

How did you find out... (getting to know the auggie moms)

2»

Re: How did you find out... (getting to know the auggie moms)

• Options
    This was our third cycle TTC and second charting.  I was convinced that this wasn't the one and had even signed us up for a foster/adopt class.   One Saturday night I went to a party with a newly pregnant friend.  We both spent the evening on the couch yawning.  The next morning, when my temp hadn't dropped as expected, I tested and got a faint line.  I was SHOCKED.
  • Options

We had been trying but I didn't have what I thought to be any symptoms.  I had a particularly rough day and wanted a hot bath and a beer.  I had some weird spotting that week that I thought might be a period so I thought "Might as well check..."

Throughout our "trying" I had taken different tests - some with lines, some with plus signs - so when I saw the two lines I took it straight to DH.  He said, "Uh...what does that mean?"  My answer?  "I don't know...where's the box??!!"

Once I saw the box, my answer to him, "I guess it means there goes the beer.  AND the bath.  Dammit."  It took me a minute to realize it was really true and then we did a little happy dance!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

dang! You've got a good story there :) Mine is boring in comparison.

After the complications last time, the doctors highly encouraged me to keep charting and told me I'd need to let them know asap if I was pregnant again. My chart had been wonky, and our timing wasn't fabulous- plus, I'm a major pessimist, so I was sure it wasn't our cycle. My LP is 10 days usually, and my birthday was 10DPO. I tried to just ignore it- but I took an hpt in the morning to 'get it out of the way.' Negative. The next morning with no major temp drop (but still wonky chart), I tested again- the lines were there but SO faint. I held my pee all day so I could take another at night & sure enough- there was a line! So it was a slightly belated birthday present... :)

• Options
    We were on our 4th cycle post miscarriage. I cried every month I didn't get a BFP because I was charting, exercising, eating right, taking vitamins, etc. I felt a little tingle in my boobies one day- maybe 7 DPO and it was too early to test but I just had a feeling after that and tested every day TWICE after that. The lines just kept getting darker. :) Waited til it was dark enough after a few days, used the digital and showed DH! Whew!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We had been TTC for 5 years. We went through 7 doctors, 16 rounds of clomid, 2 rounds of donor sperm, IUI, 18 months of hell with an adoption agency, LAP surgery, 2 HSG's and thousands of dollars. And then, IVF.

After getting screwed over with the adoption agency earlier last year, we lost all hope. Where do you go when adoption fails? We heard of a doc offering lower cost IVF - something we never thought we would get to try. Where we live, the closest RE is 3 hours one way. We used every drop of money we had left and took out a loan for the rest.

It was a stressful round of IVF. With me being 24 and having PCOS my RE assumed I would make too many eggs but after 5 days of stimming, I barely had any growing. That's when we found out I had the egg factor issue.

We got lucky and had 2 embryos to put in and 1 to freeze by the end of the cycle. My RE had me almost maxed out on meds and we had to get some meds donated (luckily) b/c there was nothing left to pay with.

I was prepared for failure and was so upset because I knew this was our very last chance. With my PCOS, egg factor issue, DH's low count and motility, and no financial options left, we had no where left to go and our chances of conceiving naturally were very low.

On 10 dpo, I broke down and tested. Stark white BFN. It was the day after Thanksgiving and it made for a very terrible day. My heart was broken but I knew I had to manage to make it through the next week before beta. I decided to keep testing.

11 dpo - I swore something was there. When it dried, there was a THIN blue line in the test spot. I figured it was a fluke since it was so thin.

12 dpo - B F P. I just sat and cried. I didn't believe this was happening. I would go back and relive that day as many times as God would let me if I could!! lol

I'm still very nervous but things are doing well so far. IF has stolen some of the happiness away though --- you figure if you get too happy it will be taken away from you. All we can do is pray!

• Options

This is such a fun post! 

My DH and I have been married for a little over a year and he had been away for the last five months.  While he was gone we decided we wanted to TTC when he got home; we started TTC in September, just BD without protection...well in early December we decided not to try anymore, were going to wait another year....and two weeks later I still hadn't started and decided to test.  I was in complete denial, sure that it would be negative.  So I took the test and took the dog outside for a walk.  When  I came in, I was completely shocked to see two pink lines!!! I was in denial(still) and thought that it was probably a false positive...so I kept getting ready for the day and then went out to the drugstore to buy a digital test.  When I got home it said pregnant! I could hardly believe it and I am still on cloud nine!  Can't wait to see my LO at our first appointment in February :)

Thanks to everyone for sharing their wonderful stories :)

• Options
    imagesurfergirlkona:

We went through IVF, so we were hoping for good news.  After several years ttc, one loss, infertility - we are just thrilled to be expecting twins!  Technically we are due August 1, but the doc will not let me go past 38 weeks if my siggy confuses you.

Congratulations to everyone 

Congrats!!! That is so awesome to hear.  I know you are so thrilled! H&H9 to you!

• Options
    we had been trying naturally on and off since my daughter was born (8 years ago) with no luck...finally went to see a RE at the advice of my cousin cause as she said you are not getting any younger (gee thanks!) Went to see the RE in november and they set me up for an IUI for my next cycle (started nov 20). Had the IUI done Dec 7th than went on a cruise...took a pregnancy test on the cruise and it was negative so I figured the first IUI didnt work (i know they usually take a few tries based on friends that have had them done). So i waited a few more days and no period yet...took another test and got a faint line... took a digital test and it said pregnant. Hubby was home and I ran out of the bathroom to show him the test :)
  • Options
    We were trying but I was convinced that it hadn't worked.  I would only take a test when DH wasnt there so one day he ran to the store and took a test.  It was the third one that week and I expected one line.  From far away it looked like one line but when I picked it up there was another faint line.  I locked myself in the bathroom and called my BFF who is also pregnant and she said "get the test that says PREGNANT" lol. When DH came home I showed him the test and we compared them to the others from earlier in the week.  It was definitely different.  I must have taken 3 more tests but the best one was the one that said PREGNANT! We took a pic of that one. 
  • Options
    DH and I had a loss back in July, followed by fertility testing, septum removal surgery, and then had been trying for a couple months. I didn't feel pregnant at all and was only 11dpo (didn't want to test that early) but had a work xmas party that night so wanted to test "just in case". I fully did NOT expect it at all. I was so shocked and happy :) Got a nice dark line too, and a + on a digital!
  • Options

We had been trying since May 2010. I have been off of BC since Feb 2010. My cycles were so sporadic and irregular (ranged from 26 - 62 days ... with 42 days being my norm). I was getting so sad that it was taking so long cause I was so ready and wanting a baby. Since Sept. 2010 we have been having sex every other day trying to make it click, but it kept saying no every month on my hpt.

Xmas eve morning I couldn't sleep (had a really bad cough and sore throat) got up at 6:30am to wrap gifts. Around 8am I realized I hadn't got my period and it would have typically came the week before. I also felt kinda sick in the stomach through out the week but was really busy with work and thought it was cause i was so busy and that i had a cold. I decided to take a pregnancy test just to see. I dipped my test into my pee cup and put it on the counter. I came back in 3 mins. I remember saying outloud to myself its not gonna be positive, its not gonna be positive (as to not let myself be let down again) I picked it up and saw a really really faint + sign. I srambled for the instructions and it said that even a faint means positive. So I grabbed the digital test I had been saving; ripped it open and tested it. I stayed in the bathroom starring at that timer flash. Within 2 mins at 8:23 am it read PREGNANT. I started bawling my eyes out and saying omg omg! I ran over to my puppy and told her she gave me kisses.

I wrapped up the pregnancy sticks and a little onesie I had bought and been saving for this moment. When my hubby got up just after 9am I gave him his early xmas gift with a card that had a nice saying in it followed by I'm pregnant! His eyes teared up and he gave me the biggest hug! It was fate we found out this day as exactly 3 years before dh proposed to me!

• Options
    imageJessie*J:

We had been TTC for 5 years. We went through 7 doctors, 16 rounds of clomid, 2 rounds of donor sperm, IUI, 18 months of hell with an adoption agency, LAP surgery, 2 HSG's and thousands of dollars. And then, IVF.

After getting screwed over with the adoption agency earlier last year, we lost all hope. Where do you go when adoption fails? We heard of a doc offering lower cost IVF - something we never thought we would get to try. Where we live, the closest RE is 3 hours one way. We used every drop of money we had left and took out a loan for the rest.

It was a stressful round of IVF. With me being 24 and having PCOS my RE assumed I would make too many eggs but after 5 days of stimming, I barely had any growing. That's when we found out I had the egg factor issue.

We got lucky and had 2 embryos to put in and 1 to freeze by the end of the cycle. My RE had me almost maxed out on meds and we had to get some meds donated (luckily) b/c there was nothing left to pay with.

I was prepared for failure and was so upset because I knew this was our very last chance. With my PCOS, egg factor issue, DH's low count and motility, and no financial options left, we had no where left to go and our chances of conceiving naturally were very low.

On 10 dpo, I broke down and tested. Stark white BFN. It was the day after Thanksgiving and it made for a very terrible day. My heart was broken but I knew I had to manage to make it through the next week before beta. I decided to keep testing.

11 dpo - I swore something was there. When it dried, there was a THIN blue line in the test spot. I figured it was a fluke since it was so thin.

12 dpo - B F P. I just sat and cried. I didn't believe this was happening. I would go back and relive that day as many times as God would let me if I could!! lol

I'm still very nervous but things are doing well so far. IF has stolen some of the happiness away though --- you figure if you get too happy it will be taken away from you. All we can do is pray!

Oh my gosh you poor thing! I am so sorry you had to endure all of that but so very happy for you and your LO!! Congratulations and the very best of luck to you!!! 

• Options
    I didn't get my period for two days.  I also had a few key symptoms that clued me in to the fact I was most likely pregnant.  I have to be honest, I felt pregnant right after DH and I did the baby dance, and our timing was just right for baby making.  
  • Options

These stories are great!  Congrats to all you August mommies and I will say a prayer for all of you.  It sounds like many of you have had struggles!

So here is my story:

I hadn't have my period since going off BC in July.  I have gone off the pill before and it took forever (5 months) for my period to return.  So naturally I didn't think much of it.  I was taking HPT just to check up, but of course they were all negative (and of course I had done this the last time I went off the pill).  Then right around Thanksgiving I took a test, I thought I saw a second line, but it seemed to disappear, so I figured I wasn't.  Then about a week before Christmas we got a Christmas card from some friends saying they were pregnant.  Now I was thrilled for them, but frustrated for us.  I thought for sure we would have a baby before them.  I was also very frustrated because I kept getting PMS like cramping but no period showing up!  So then that evening I took another test and there showed up this faint line.  I had to call DH in from blowing snow just to show him.  He said "This better be worth it!"  OF course it was!  The next day I took another HPT and two lines showed up again.  I scheduled a doctors appoint for as soon as I could and they confirmed... somewhere between 3 and 6 weeks (at the time).  Now we have a pretty definitive due date of August 11th 2011 per our U/S last Friday.

Good luck to all you moms-to-be!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I love reading all the posts! 

First off, my DH didn't want children...i'm not quite sure how I got him to cave?!  My sister had her DD on 11-23, I was in love!  I had been asking DH for a few months, but had decided to give up on it, and was planning on going back on the pill in December.  For some reason on 11-27 DH decided that we could try, after I got done telling him that for most couples it takes a few months before you conceive.  We tried again the next day, and that was it due to work and being tired. The week before after, DH was acting weird, and told me that he really didn't want to try again, because he doesn't want kids...I was devastated because I had a feeling that I was already KU.  I tested the day after AF was supposed to come and I got a faint line...7 tests later I finally believed it...haha!  I was terrified to tell DH, but he's been great about it!  He's the one who keeps telling people every where we go, seems like he's pretty excited! 

It's just crazy that we only tried twice, it happened a little quicker than I was ready for, but am so in love with that little one already.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Mine is real boring- my af still wasnt regular since I gave birth. But, almost all of December went by and nothing. Took a test, immediate 2 lines, now I am having Irish twins. I did have a stomach bug right after we conceived, but I bet part of the sickness was pregnancy related.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

In July, DH was diagnosed with a tumor that... we later discovered.. would make him deaf and threaten his brain and his facial nerve. It was a really emotional weekend and we accidentally conceived the day after we got his bad news.

The July pregnancy was a total surprise and both of us were pretty upset about it honestly. It was bad timing with his health problems... plus DD was only 15 months old and we really had wanted to wait another year. But, after a few weeks, we started to get used to the idea and excited. Just about the time of our first u/s at 7w3d we discovered that the baby no longer had a heartbeat. I had a d&c that day. We were both devastated.

The loss completely changed our plan. There was a void in our lives and I felt the need to be pg again so badly. We waited two cycles. In November... on our 4th wedding anniversary.. we decided to TTC just that month. (I really wanted our kids to be 2 years apart in school. If we didn't get a BFP that cycle, we were going to wait until July to TTC again.) Lo and behold, I got a BFP the day after thanksgiving!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Options
    Mine has some funny aspects, I felt something was off when we got to my FIL for thanksgiving. So on the day before thanksgiving I made some lame excuse to go to wal-mart, when in reality I just wanted to buy a test. Bought the test drove across the parking lot to What-A-Burger, went in poas and nothing. Threw it in the trash and went about my business (at this point I would have only been 3 or 4 DPO, I was nuts). Then Black Friday roles around, I do some shopping with my SIL, come back to FIL and snap at DH. Later apologize tell him it must be pms.  We come home and I forget all about all, until the next friday and I just still feel off. So I go in a take an IC, a second line shows up but I thought it might be evap. So I post a pic for the experts to decipher, and they all start chanting digital. Which was my plan if I thought it was positive, but the problem was we are a one car family and I didn't have the car that day.  I didn't want to tell DH until I was sure after our loss early last year he has been real scared to try again. So I call my friend Abby in tears, she says I will be there after I pic my sister up from school (she is still in college and lives at home to save money, I don't want you to think she is a bum). She calls me and goes I am getting the digitals so we can't argue about the results, I was like good. She finally gets here and I go into take it. Before I could pull up my pants, it said pregnant and I start wailing. I was scared, she is scared she hears me crying comes busting in the bathroom. Mind you I still haven't pulled up my pants, thank god I had pulled up my underwear. She looks at the test and goes "Bobbi you are nothing if not consistent"(this will make the 3rd NYE I was pregnant). I no I can't wait to till DH gets home from work to tell him, so I take a picture of the test and text him. He text me back what? I answer with what the test says, he says okay. I love him but he never gets really excited. Here we are now after the first u/s shows us a healthy blob getting a little more excited.  
  • Options
    imageRyan&Kristin062009:
    imageJessie*J:

Oh my gosh you poor thing! I am so sorry you had to endure all of that but so very happy for you and your LO!! Congratulations and the very best of luck to you!!! 

Thank you! : )

• Options
    I was charting so I tested at 12DPO when my temp went up again. MH was in France at the time on a business trip so I had to wait 2 days for him to come home so I could tell him.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• Options
    I was already 4 days late for my cycle. I decided to take an HPT just to be sure, but I was sure I wasn't pregnant. I attributed the lateness to all of the stresses in my life. Hell, the week before my dog had died. But there it was, 2 lines. 3 days later I took a digital HPT and it said PREGNANT
  • Options
    With my DD I new before I even tested I was telling people a week before that I was pregnant tested the day of my missed period and got my BFP. This baby I was not that in tuned. This time it just kind of hit me. I was edited a session and all the sudden I realized I had been very gassy(only time I have ever been gassy in my life was when I was first pregnant with DD). Then after thinking about it I realized I had missed my period and hadn't even noticed. I ordered 5 pregnancy test strips but decided I couldn't wait and went and bought what I thought was FRER but was actually FRRR(which are not as sensitive). I took both and got extremely faint lines. Faint enough I thought I was seeing things. So as soon as my test strips arrived I burned through those all faints. I wanted to make sure so I went and bought digital(should from the beginning) and both were positive with in minutes. I found out on like December 1. Scheduled my first appointment on on the 4th and found out due to the holidays they couldn't get me in till Jan 3rd. It ruined my plan I was hopping I'd have first u/s before Christmas so I could wrap it for DF present. Good thing though because baby was 3 weeks behind my LMP. So I guess you could say because of Gas I found out about LO. lol
  • Options

I LOVE reading these stories!

DH and I tried for about 2 years to get pg the first time.  We were finally blessed with a baby, then found out that the reason it took so long was because my husband had a tumor on his pituitary gland that was really messing up all of his hormones - his doctor said that DS was a total miracle.  He had the tumor removed, but it caused lasting damage, and we decided that we would not try and prevent pregnancy at any point, but that we knew we were probably just meant to have one child.

Well... 5 years later...

On November 28th, I finally decided that I was ready to give up the dream of baby #2 - I sorted through all of DS's baby clothes (4 years worth!), and packed up the car to go to the consignment shop.  Figured, if I wasn't getting another baby, I should at least make some money!  I meant to drop the clothes off on Monday, Nov 29th, but ran out of time and had to go to work... while I was at work, I looked at a calendar, and thought - hmmm... I know my cycles have been really irregular, but this seems longer than normal.  I brushed it off, and figured it was nothing, but when I got home, I mentioned it to DH.  He practically forced me out the door to go and buy a test.  Sure enough, the line appeared immediately.  We spent the rest of the night looking at each other, saying, "Omg!"  :)  Never been happier!  I love surprises! 

• Options
    Well, I have an interesting story. We weren't trying, I was actually on birth control (NuvaRing). I had a LEEP procedure done Nov 11th, which meant no sex for 4-5 weeks. On Dec 16th, I was cleaning out the bathroom cabinet and found a pregnancy test. I completely randomly decided to take it since my period had been a little screwy and I'm paranoid... yeah, imagine my surprise when it came out positive! I immediately called my mother (who lives next door) and asked her to babysit while I ran out and bought another test. Took two more... still positive. Told DH the next day and he didn't believe me! He made me go out and get the digital tests ('Pregnant' or 'Not Pregnant') and didn't believe me until I came out of the bathroom holding the 'Pregnant'! 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We were trying but I wasn't sure about that cycle. I planned on testing on 12 DPO which was my bday. I caved and POAS on 10 DPO! I told hubs to meet me for lunch and I told him then.
  • Options

I'd been taking HPTs occasionally because my cycle never regulated after having DS, and I just wanted to make sure that I was NOT pregnant. I EBFed, and got one random 3 day period in August, and didn't get another one until November....

I really didn't think I was pregnant, but on January 3rd, I POAS just for a bit of reassurance...and almost vomited when I saw the little plus sign!

When DH got home from work, I said, "you need to look at something." He's an idiot man and couldn't read the test at first (I'm completely convinced that MEN are the reason they invented digitals, because the whole plus/minus thing is too complicated for them), and then started yelling, "you're kidding me! Holy SH*T!"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Everyone has such cute stories! What a great idea for a thread.

We had been TTC since September 09. I began charting my cycles (but not temping) in March 10. My BFF is getting married in May, and I'm the MOH so if nothing happened in November, I was going back on my BCP's until March or so. The night we conceived I went out with some girlfriends, came home and woke up DH because that was our window for November. Fast Forward to Thanksgiving Night where I am watching The Wizard of Oz and CRYING. I own this on DVD and have seen it at least 50 times, I don't cry during the Wizard of Oz. Go to bed that night and have a dream I am in my car talking to my hubby and he is looking at a HPT telling me it's positive. The next day one of my best friends is in town from Georgia and we are all supposed to go out drinking. The dream really got to me so just to ease my mind I went and bought a test. I got home from work, told the hubby what was up and then went to take the test. The control line came in nice and dark. And then a very faint second line came up. I called DH in and asked him what that meant and he said look at the box. And I said I know what it means but what about when it's a faint line, can you go google it? When I came out of the bathroom he said "google says a line is a line" I said I don't believe it and made my friend who was driving us out that night bring me to the store to get more tests.. I proceeded to take 2 more tests in the bars that night (not drinking) both with very faint positive results. Continued POAS Saturday and Sunday mornings to darker positive results. Showed my mom the test on Sunday..went and got my bloodwork that Monday, heard from my Gyno on Tuesday...and here we are! Due Aug 3rd, my BFF's bday :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"