2nd Trimester

continued nausea at 15 weeks..is this normal?

Hello all,

I have had nausea without vomiting since about 6 weeks pregnant. It comes and goes throughout the day without warning. I have read so much that nausea generally subsides right when you enter the 2nd trimester if not sooner. Well, mine has not and I am 15 weeks and am worried if this is normal. I lost my first baby 2 years ago and now I have a very large cyst that is being monitored,so needless to say I sometimes worry. I don't know if the hormones from the cyst are feeding the nausea or if this is something that other healthy moms-to-be experience. Any advice would help. May God bless us all with healthy pregnancies and babies :)

Re: continued nausea at 15 weeks..is this normal?

• While a lot of women feel a lot better by around 14-15 weeks, many also continue to feel nauseous for a few more weeks, and some continue throughout their pregnancy.  My sister felt nauseous her entire pregnancy.  I have also been nauseous since about week 5 and it's still going strong.  It certainly is not a sign that anything is wrong with your pregnancy. If anything, some doctors say nausea is a sign of the baby's health!  I hope that's some small comfort.  Feel better!

BabyFruit Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It's not so weird at all. I'm starting to feel better now but queasiness still comes and goes.

I have two SILS that pretty much had m/s until they delivered.

I wouldn't worry too much about it!

• Loading the player...
  • sorry you are feeling sick and sorry to tell you that I still experience nausea off and on  many days.  So far, a very healthy baby and pregnancy here. Try not too worry and if you are concerned, speak to your OB. feel better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm closing in on 20 weeks, and still have some pretty rough days with nausea. Taking zofran definitely helps, but I still get sick just about every day.

Hopefully it won't last the whole pregnancy, but my mom keeps telling me that she threw up while pregnant with me, up until the day before she delivered... great, right??

• I was throwing up a few times a week still at around 22-23 weeks. I just started to feel better in the last week.  My first trimester was hell though.  I couldn't keep anything down for a good 10 weeks. 

Everyone's pregnancy is different. 

• I am also 15 weeks and have had morning sickness pretty steadily since week 5. I am nauseous a lot and also have vomiting once/day, and so far have a healthy pregnancy. I recently asked my OB about this and she said that every pregnancy is different, and that it could continue up through 18 weeks and subside, or if not, it may be there the entire pregnancy.  Good luck!
    Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well I can say other than some scarey spotting my pregnancy has been "normal" and I'm still nausiated enough to be on zofran daily so, while I understand it's hard, try not to worry too much.  And if you are that worried contact your dr, that is what you pay them for!!

GL! I hope you feel better soon!

• I was really nauseous up through the end of week 16, however I still feel sick from time to time. Hope you feel better soon!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I believe this is normal.  I have experienced "all day" nausea since 6 weeks pregnant.  I was put on Zofran at about 14 weeks since I just couldn't take it any longer.  It finally got a little bit better at around 18 weeks.  At 20 weeks, I am still feeling nausea's throughout the day but nothing like before....and I'm off of Zofran.   Just try to hang in there, I am sure everything is fine.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • There is a very wide range of "normal."  I know people who have puked their guts out every day for 19 or 20 weeks, or even until the end of pg.

I think my nausea/food aversions finally subsided around 17 weeks.  I rarely threw up but I was much sicker with this one than with my older son.

Nausea and sickness really aren't any indicator of the healthiness of a pregnancy, just that you are pg.  Hopefully it will go away soon!

imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• I'm 21 weeks and I still have occasional morning sickness (I felt terrible just the other morning).  I asked my doctor about it and she said that sometimes it just lasts throughout your entire pregnancy.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about it until you're throwing up like 5+ times a day and/or not getting enough to eat or drink.  Mention it to your doctor at your next appointment because most likely he'll say it's normal and it will at least give you some peace of mind.

• I had nausea without throwing up until about 20 - 21 weeks. It was really bad. I had so many food aversions, even driving by certain restaraunts made me dry heave in the car.  I found that ginger capsules were my best friend.  I took them every day when i started to feel sick, which was usually around mid morning.  The evenings were the worst for me. I got the ginger capsules at the health food store, $6 for 100.

Hang in there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you all so very much!! All of your responses have definitely eased my mind. I don't mind dealing with anything for this little one and it helps knowing it is pretty common...Thanks so much for helping me. God Bless you all and your little ones. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"