Austin Babies
Options

Can you take a BOB on a plane?

Just wondering how a BOB stroller fits through security. It doesn't seem like it would fit through the x-ray? Has anyone get checked a BOB before?
Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>

Re: Can you take a BOB on a plane?

• Options
    Yep, I have done it several times.  If it won't fit on the x-ray belt, they will take it to the side and hand check it for you.  I lived in Houston at the time, so never tried the Austin airport, but never had a problem in Houston or on the other end (NY, WI, FL etc). 
  • Options

Considering we take our double jogger (it's a Bumbleride, similar in size to the BOBs), yes, you'll be fine.  Like the pp said, they'll just wheel it to the side and search it by hand.

I'd highly suggest gate checking and not checking it as baggage.  Much less of a chance of having your stroller destroyed that way, since it will be one of the last things on the plane and first things off.  We've gate checked ours 20 times and never had an issue.  Other than losing our cup holder - make sure to take that off! 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemlf625:

Considering we take our double jogger (it's a Bumbleride, similar in size to the BOBs), yes, you'll be fine.  Like the pp said, they'll just wheel it to the side and search it by hand.

I'd highly suggest gate checking and not checking it as baggage.  Much less of a chance of having your stroller destroyed that way, since it will be one of the last things on the plane and first things off.  We've gate checked ours 20 times and never had an issue.  Other than losing our cup holder - make sure to take that off! 

This is what I was worried about. We don't necessarily need it at the airport but I worry about it being damaged going through a baggage.

Thanks for the info!

Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
  • Options
    imagemlf625:

This is what I was worried about. We don't necessarily need it at the airport but I worry about it being damaged going through as baggage.

Thanks for the info!

• Options

if you are interested, i have a BOB travel bag that you can use to check it.  for most airlines, they don't count it as a bag (even though it looks like a suitcase) b/c it's a stroller.

you can email me- screen name at gmail  if you end up wanting to use it.

• Options
    imagemcurban:

if you are interested, i have a BOB travel bag that you can use to check it.  for most airlines, they don't count it as a bag (even though it looks like a suitcase) b/c it's a stroller.

you can email me- screen name at gmail  if you end up wanting to use it.

MC- you are so awesome. That would have been absolutely wonderful if I would have posted this with enough time before my flight! Thank you so much for the offer.

• Options
    imageKittyFX:

This is what I was worried about. We don't necessarily need it at the airport but I worry about it being damaged going through as baggage.

Thanks for the info!

It's awesome to have a stroller at the airport, anyway, even if you don't have the baby in it.  When I traveled solo with just A, I'd wear him and push the stroller with our carry on bags in it.  Handy.  :)   

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"