January 2011 Moms
Options

I just belly flopped!

I am probably THE most clutzy person on the planet, so the fact that this didn't happen sooner is a huge shocker to me.  I have fallen one other time while pregnant, but I was only 6 weeks and I fell on my knees.  ANYWAY.  I think baby is OK...I spoke to my OB and he said as long as I'm not having contractions or bleeding and that baby is moving, we're all good. 

I was at my husband's basketball game tonight and as I walked down the bleachers, on the last step, my flip flop got stuck and I landed flat on my belly, arms straight out.  I felt a little gush of fluid and thought, "oh God, did I just break my water??"  I think it was the pressure on my bladder, though.  I must have pulled something in my shoulder and holy crap, my hip hurts.  I can barely walk.  As long as baby's ok, that's all that matters.  Poor little thing...I feel like such a bad mom.  I told my dad and he laughed (ok, not the emotion I expected) and he said not to worry because he dropped me on my head when I was a baby and I turned out fine. 

Re: I just belly flopped!

• Options
    Call your OB at any hour if you don't feel your normal movements from LO!  Hope all is well.
  • Options
    Thank you!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    0_o I'd be freaking out! Hope you're okay! Sounds embarrassing... as long as LO's fine and you're not badly hurt, your ego will recover. ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

#1 You are NOT a bad mom!

#2 I am incredibly surprised that my clutzy @ss hasn't done the same thing (yet)

I'm sorry you had a scare but take it easy and I'm sure baby will be fine (((HUGS)))

• Options

Thanks, all.  Baby is still moving around a lot, so I feel pretty confident she's still OK in there.  Mama, on the other hand, is SO sore!  I am hanging out in bed all day bc I can barely move!  I feel like I got hit by a bus and that someone nailed me in the belly with a bat!

Embarassing?  Nah, I fall all the time and it's usually funny.  This one, not so much.  :-)  I'm just glad she's ok. 

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"