Pregnant after a Loss

Slight panic...

I feel like I am not ready to do all the planning that needs to be done for baby's arrival, but I am feeling so much pressure. The main issue being that I have to sign a contract for next year (I am a teacher) in MARCH. Which means I have two months to decide if I will be full or part-time next year. And if I choose part-time, I have to get with my potential job sharing friend and make plans and get things approved by the district. Not to mention DH and I have to figure out finances if I go to part-time. This depends on daycare and the costs, which I am also feeling pressure to look at because I hear there are waiting lists. 'TWO MONTHS. Then, the only time I can make it back to Indiana (where I am from and where both of our families live) before baby comes is my spring break in March. My mom wants to throw me a shower then since there will be no other time for me to go. I am nervous about having a shower that early, but if I don't do it then I won't have a family one which means I won't get to share in the celebration with my family. This also means I have to get plane tickets for March and register well before then. I would love to wait until the baby is ready to pop out to do anything but I am under a time crunch.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Slight panic...

• I'm sure it will all work out. For us it was pretty simple, there was no way in heck we can afford for me to not work full time. It's kind of a bummer, but at the same time, I luck out having so much family here. I have 2 sisters that are SAHMs and are more than willing to help us out. I always work mornings, and DH's schedule is really flexible. We figured out a way to only need 2-3 hours a day 3 days a week for someone to watch LO. I would prefer to use daycare, but since it's only a few hours a day I'm okay with saving the $$.

I hear you about registering and the early shower. I refused to register until almost 24 weeks Embarrassed A lot of people on my BMB had their showers at 27 weeks. I don't think I could handle that. 

I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • I think you can do it, I know it seems like a lot of decisions!  If you were to prioritize things, would that help you make the decisions easier?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

• Loading the player...
  • imagerock-elle:
    I think you can do it, I know it seems like a lot of decisions!  If you were to prioritize things, would that help you make the decisions easier?

Maybe, I just feel like its ALL so important!!!

• Ugh! That does seem like a lot to sort out and a lot of big decisions that need to be made. I'm hoping that something will just spark out of nowhere and you get the answers you are looking for sooner then later.
    Forever missing Baby Z #3 ~ Natural m/c 4.12.2010 at 11w2d
    *So proud and so lucky to be the mommy of two beautiful little girls
    and one handsome little man*
    RJ~5.17.2005~born @ 37w due to IUGR~4lbs 15ozs
    Al~4.5.2008~born big and healthy @ 38w~7lbs 9.5ozs
    Lil man~5.20.2011~born big and healthy @ 39w (after one he!! of a pregnancy)~8lbs 1oz
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Time crunch for sure, sorry you have to deal with that. We haven't even talked yet about child care. My BFF lives 2000 miles away and thinks she is coming to my shower which would probably be in early may. I'd rather her just come in July after the baby is born.
    BFP 7/31/10 m/c 8/16/10
    BFP 10/25/10 Brynn Helen born 7/7/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I can totally appreciate the pressure you are feeling about trying to get prepared, and I bet a lot of the women on here can too if I had to guess.  Like previous poster said if you can prioriitize it will help.  Of course it's all important, but some things have to get done first before you have the info needed to make other decisions.  The project manager in me would create a flow chart of the decisions you need to make (FT vs PT, daycare, etc.).  If you need to know daycare costs before you can decide FT or PT, then gather up all that info first.  My DH and I tend to use the worst case scenario when planning expenses.  That way if the expense turns out to be less, our budget is a little looser than planned, but we seldom get caught in the reverse scenario.  One day at a time my friend - it's def overwhelming, but you can do this! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"