Trouble TTC
Options

anyone's RE have them pinpoint their surge with opk?

I am doing an IUI this cycle and my RE wants me to pinpoint my surge with the clear blue easy ovulation tests.  Just wondering if this was normal or strange.  I'm so nervous I'm going to miss my surge or mess something up.  Today, on CD 13, I had two follicles that were 14.5 mm and my lining was at a three.  
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Two angel babies 11/09 and 4/10

Re: anyone's RE have them pinpoint their surge with opk?

• Options
    I have, but it was on unmedicated cycles.  As long as they are monitoring you for your follie size and lining, I guess it's fine.  The problem is that they normally like to time IUI's for 36 after you start to surge (when you trigger at least).  It is hard to pinpoint the start of your surge with OPK's.  I would test 2 or 3 times a day to be sure you don't miss your surge, once in the morning, later in the afternoon and the evening.  Good luck. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This is what I'll do if DH and I decide to try IUIs (they'll be unmedicated).  I think my friend, with the same RE,  did the same thing when she was trying Femara (and I think she did this with clomid when she was still with her Ob/gyn).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My RE always has me use OPKs during an IUI cycle, even if I trigger.  I am still monitored with u/s but she said it was added protection.  When I didn't trigger, she would have me use them to help base the timing for the IUI.  When I did trigger she would have me use them to make sure I didn't surge on my own before the trigger shot (which actually happened once).

• Options
    Mine did but before treatment I have gotten false positives. I insisted on using a trigger and being monitored on ultrasounds because I did not want to miss the timing. Is your RE going to ultrasounds as well to monitor?
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagec&n06:
    Mine did but before treatment I have gotten false positives. I insisted on using a trigger and being monitored on ultrasounds because I did not want to miss the timing. Is your RE going to ultrasounds as well to monitor?

Well, I had an ultrasound today on cd 13 and then I'm supposed to call back on monday if I don't surge over the weekend.  They said I may have another ultrasound before possibly triggering and doing the iui.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Two angel babies 11/09 and 4/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"