Special Needs
Options

shuddering spells/attacks?

We had another neuro appt yesterday and the doc says he thinks Aiden's most recent spells are shuddering spells (versus his seizures and PKC/dystonia spells.) I just dont know what to think.  He told me to google it and to tell him what I thought.  Well, I did and the actual symptom kind of matches (the actual shaking part) what Aiden is doing....but not totally.  Doctor said that he has learned over the years that not everyone fits the typical dx....which I understand.  But, most shuddering spells last seconds (up to 15 sec)....Aiden's last 4-8 minutes.  Aiden's state of consciousness if altered during spells- doctor said this is characteristic...but everyone I have found said that kids dont have altered state of consciousness.  Aiden's always occur after he is abruptly woken from sleep.  I just dont know what to think- that he has another paroxysmal disorder?  I dont know how common it is to have more than one.  Does anyone have any good online resources?  He said kids do grow out of it- but some studies show that these kids develop tremors over time. We have not caught one of his shaking spells on EEG- so no way to know for sure unless we do.  Any info would be great!  Thanks! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"