New to The Bump

Introduction - Wanting A Baby and Making It Happen!

Hello Everyone and Merry Christmas! I am new here and wanted to take this time to breifly introduce myself. My name is Brooke and I am 25 years old. My husband and I have been married for over 3 years now and have wanted a baby for some time, but it hasnt been something that is realistic for us yet. I have been struggling with my weight my whole life. As of January of 2010 I started a different lifestyle of eating healthy and exercising. With that I had lost JUST under 50lbs, but in recent months was at a standstill. I need to lose a total of 100+lbs to be at a healthy weight and chose that this is something I wanted to do before becoming pregnant. At the beginning of this month, December, I had a surgery on my leg and havent been able to work out and being at home has allowed me to eat a lot more food and poor quality food at that. My husband and I really do want to have a baby and one of our goals for 2010 was to become pregnant. This did not happen and we have not been actively trying, but I have decided that I am going to make this happen for 2011.

My 2011 goals are to lose 60lbs more (and thats taking into consideration that I have gained a significant amount of weight back over December recovering from surgery and with the holidays and all. I am turning 26 in June and this would be a PERFECT present for me to be able to know that I will be a mommy, but only time will tell.

I am here to share my story and become more informed, as well as getting to know other people in my situation and also those that are going through things that are in our future.

We are ready for parenthood in all aspects of our lives, but physically and I am working on that part. :) Look forward to getting to know you all! Happy Holidays!

Re: Introduction - Wanting A Baby and Making It Happen!

• Welcome! I'm also new here and in a similar frame of mind, but with a different goal for 2011 (oh, and my name's Brooke too!). DH and I have determined that we've got to get out of debt before TTC, and I really think I can make it happen this year. Tomorrow, the strict budgeting begins!

Good luck, and looking forward to hearing how you progress! Happy New Year!

Siggy Note: Drunk Ron Swanson is on a break while Amy Poehler takes over for a while, summing up my thoughts on all this birth control, prenatal testing, women's issues stuff in the news.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    dx: LPD & low progesterone 11/2011
    BFP #1 August 23
  • Hey thanks for replying to my post... I havent been back on the bump much and didnt know how to check if someone replies to one of your posts. Actually I still dont know how, the only reason I found this from you was to search back and find my post :P Ill learn!

First I find it pretty awesome that your name is brooke :) Second, how is the getting out of debt thing going for you?

Along with the weight loss my hubby and I need to work on that too actually. Especially now as we were forced to buy a car.

Anyways, I hope you are doing well and I hope to catch up with you soon!

Take Care!

Brooke

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. Thank you for your advice and help. I didnt get back on to the bump much until now, but plan on staying on and learning the ropes so to speak! Thanks again :)

Brooke

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"