Pregnant after IF
Options

Anyone get red lumps from progesterone??

Hi ladies,

I'm new to this board and hope you'll welcome me! I got my first BFP after IFV #1 on Dec 17 so I'm still cautiously optimistic. I started progesterone injections on the day of ER and have to continue them until 10 weeks. Has anyone developed red raised "lumps" on the skin where you get your injections? They are not painful but very itchy. They started about 2 1/2 weeks after starting the progesterone. I hope I'm not developing an allergic reaction.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks! 

Re: Anyone get red lumps from progesterone??

• Options
    I got lots of painful lumps under the skin where we would do the injections.  They didn't start until about the 3rd vial of PIO.  Mine didn't itch though.  You may want to check with your RE just to be safe.
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't get red lumps, but after a couple of weeks I felt lumps the size of golfballs under the skin, and was very itchy!  They switched me to vaginal progesterone suppositories after 6 weeks.  Ask if you can do that too!  It's so much easier (and cheaper), and I can just keep them in my purse in case I forget one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on your BFP! I do sometimes get red welts if I don't do a hot compress for long enough after the shot. Also make sure you rotate sides & sites.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info! I'll definitely call my RE on Monday and see what they say. Happy Holidays everyone! 
  • Options
    what oil is your PIO in? The itchiness sounds like you're developing an alllergic reaction to it, which might be easily remedied by changing the oil.
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! You are exactly as pregnant as I am.....anyway, I've been on PIO for three weeks. Starting a few days ago I got a lumpy rash on each side. It's not itchy, but that may be because I take Claritin every day and that might be controlling it somewhat.
  • Options
    I got huge red lumps on both sides; when I showed the RE he tapered the shots down to every other day.
  • Options

I got lumps that sometimes itched, but not rash like, more just an irritation.  My RE told me it was normal as long as I didn't develop a rash. 

Good news is they will go away when you get to stop the PIO :)  Hang in there!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageGenRN45:
    what oil is your PIO in? The itchiness sounds like you're developing an alllergic reaction to it, which might be easily remedied by changing the oil.

This.

Definitely call the RE.

Congratulations on your BFP :)

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"