Hawaii Babies

Another CD (PF) Question

I use Charlie's soap and always get yellow stains on our poopy diapers.  It's easily remedied by hanging the stained prefolds outside for a while and letting the sun bleach them out, but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

We're still not cloth diapering full-time, so with washing every other day, I never have a full load.  I prewash with cold water, wash with hot and then do an extra cold rinse.  If I'm doing a "small" load, I use 1 tsp of Charlie's.  If it's a "medium" load, I use 2 tsp.  Any ideas?  TIA!

ETA: I've tried using a full scoop of Charlie's with our medium loads to see if that would help, but it didn't.  It caused more work for me since I had to do several extra rinses to get all the suds out.  Stick out tongue

Re: Another CD (PF) Question

• I line dry, but I also notice that many poop stains don't come out with washing alone. I wash full loads every 4-5 days -- wash/rinse on cold once, then wash/rinse on hot/cold with one scoop of Charlies. The sun is what really gets the diapers looking clean, I think!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks, Melissa!  I was hoping you'd chime in.  I need to figure out how to discreetly put a non-permanent clothesline up in our lanai (not really allowed by HOA rules) so I can just line dry and not bother with the dryer.
  • Loading the player...
  • Bummer about the HOA. You can also try line drying in the house near a window. I line dry our clothes, too, and often end up hanging stuff in the bathrooms. Takes a little longer, but still better than paying the ridiculous price of electricity here. If all else fails, oh well.. nothing wrong with a little staining!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Heh, I think I remembered reading once (when I was originally planning to CD) about someone who would put CDs on their dashboard in the car to sun them out =)
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"