Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Feeding solids to a 6.5 m/o who hates them?!?!?!?!?

The twins I watch during the day are about a month older than DD and hate to eat. Bottles are a struggle about half the time and now solids are even worse. They do not like green beans, peas, or squash... basically I'm leaning towards they just do not like to eat. I've asked the parents what to do and they are sort of at a loss. They will arch their backs, scream, throw their heads back and forth -- basically its torture to feed them. They have been to the dr and have no problems that would cause feeding problems. Did your LO have issues eating? How did you solve these problems? How long did it take?

Re: Feeding solids to a 6.5 m/o who hates them?!?!?!?!?

• Options
    Have you tried fruit? It's sweeter so they might like if better. DS took a while to like solids and now he eats purred fine but doesn't like real food really but we are getting there.
  • Options
    Maybe look into Baby Led Weaning (BLW), which is a different way of feeding solids to babies.  Google it, and you'll get some information.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly if it were me, I would just give them their bottles and have the parents figure it out.
  • Options
    My DD didn't love solids at first either so we took a few weeks off and tried again, and she was much more receptive. They aren't necessary right now besides practice. And i agree with the PP that this is not your responsibility, but the parents.     
  • Options
    I second the Baby Led Weaning recommendation. I started it when my twins were 6 months old and they LOVE eating.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"