VBAC
Options

No HBAC for me......

I don't know who was following my post on NB about the whole COOMBS thing, but I talked to the pediatrician (who totally called me out on being knocked up) today and although he did not say no (he actually said they would work with us either way - I love them) to HB, he did explain what would be required if we decided to do it. Basically we would have to go to the hospital immediately after the birth for testing, and then if we are positive we would need testing every 8 hours for a couple days. That is just too much for me, and I felt like it was the last sign I needed to pull the plug.

I still consider myself a HB advocate, and maybe #3 will get the birth I envisioned. But for now, we have to shift our focus to making a hospital birth the best experience we can.

(And to my buddy who is planning an HBAC, don't be discouraged. I would totally still do it if it wasn't for this detail.)

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)

Re: No HBAC for me......

• Options

I didn't see the Coombs post but I'm sorry you're not going to be able to HBAC. I hope you can put together a team that will give you the best chances at a VBAC.

((hugs))

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Awww...I missed your COOMBS post, and I'll have to google COOMBS and look for your post - but I'm so sorry.  :(  I have this fear I'm going to end up in the hospital.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that, I'm sure you must be disappointed.  But I am very optimistic that you can have a wonderful birth in the hospital.  And we will be here to support you :)

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Oh! I've been battling sleep deprivation (and why am I up so late???), but I do remember reading your initial post on NB - it's related to your DS's issues at birth, right? That sucks about the HB, but it seems like you know what you *don't* want with a hospital birth. Is staying home as long as possible an option? Can you have one of your MW be a montrice and check you at home so you get to the hospital pretty far along, or do you need to labor from early on at the hospital?

Good luck! It'll work out!!

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    Sorry that HB isn't going to work for you this time, but I'm sure that you can have a beautiful VBAC experience wherever you are.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"