February 2017 Moms

August randoms

What s been going on?

(Random gif, just because it made me giggle)

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: August randoms

• kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited August 2017
    I feel like this summer is flying by. I'm bummed that my kids will be back in school in less than a month. 

I did recently learn that you can make all kinds of other faces and pictures come up without using the drop down smile face box... :cookie:    :mask: and so on
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I started back to work for the school year on Monday.  I was sad that Ella had to go back to day care, but happy that I got to spend 6 weeks with her at home! I'll probably be around here more now that I'm back to work.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree this summer seems like it's going by so fast. Can't say I'm going to be sad when my older kids go to school though, I'm looking forward to it more than I'd like to admit! Too much fighting, I'm over it. @kswiger06 that gif is hilarious lol but I keep watching it laughing and thinking wtf did they all think was going to happen? 
  • @jab3-2 I have no clue what was going on in that gif but it made me laugh. I always feel sad when my kids have to go back to school, but as soon as they do something frustrating I'm like "come on school!!" Lol. Most of me is still sad, but part of me is a little excited to have more quiet and relaxing days with just the baby. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06, You have a PM
  • I just put a crate of infant inserts and too-small clothes away. As I folded the newborn clothes I was sad at how much my little kid has grown. He's not so little anymore!
  • Does anybody else suddenly have a super clingy baby? My little guy obviously always liked being held, but these last couple weeks it's like I can't put him down to get anything done. Part of me thinks it's a combination of his teeth trying to pop through and because he's still getting over a cold, but then he doesn't seem too bothered by that stuff, but more that he just wants to be with me all the time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 I had a similar issue! Ella has always been a "daddy's girl" but lately she will not go to bed unless I hold her to sleep. My H tried to hold her to sleep one night and she literally screamed until I came and held her. I don't if it's because I spent the past 6 weeks with her all day every day or what. We were nervous about her going back to day care because of her clingy-ness, but she's been back all week with absolutely no issues.
  • @ColeBug89 I wonder if they are just getting picky about who they want now? While Austin has been clingy, hes also been wanting me to hold him until he falls asleep. I'm kind of soaking it in because I know it won't last forever and I think it's so sweet, but him wanting held all day is making it rough to do anything. I actually set our umbrella stroller up in the house so I can wheel him around with me. Lol. It keeps him content for a few extra minutes but it feels crazy. When my husband saw it for the first time he asked what happened to it because it was in the living room lol (we only used it for our vacation a couple weeks ago so he thought it got damaged already).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 Rid is being super clingy now too! I've been having to hold him while I make dinner even which I know isn't that safe but I turn so he's as far away as possible from the stove and my body is mostly in the way. It's not very ergonomic but if it stops the fussing well I do what I have to do. Sometimes holding him isn't enough, I need to be looking right in his face and talking to him or singing to him. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @kswiger06 I wonder the same thing too! I seriously thought Ella would have some sort of separation anxiety when she went back to day care, but her teachers said it's like she never left. Maybe she just prefers to have me hold her to go to sleep? Who knows lol. When I was home with her during the summer, she would play independently with her toys for 10 to 15 minute spans before she got bored or upset and I was able to get some things done around the house.
  • Yes so clingy! And she's started doing this high pitched scream thing too. Sometimes seems just because she feels like it and other times because she's mad.
  • @kswiger06 Rid is being super clingy now too! I've been having to hold him while I make dinner even which I know isn't that safe but I turn so he's as far away as possible from the stove and my body is mostly in the way. It's not very ergonomic but if it stops the fussing well I do what I have to do. Sometimes holding him isn't enough, I need to be looking right in his face and talking to him or singing to him. 
     Lol, he wants ALL your attention. I have held Austin while cooking too, keeping him turned as far away as possible, and not if it was something likely to spatter. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ColeBug89 I can get maybe 10-15 minutes in, but only if he can see me and I occasionally talk to him. Basically I carry his superseat and small stroller around everywhere at home lol

@jab3  I like how they want to develop new sounds. For us he's just working on volume. Every time my husband and I try to have a conversation, Austin starts babbling louder and louder until we are practically yelling or give up because we get frustrated trying to hear lol. At least half our conversations end with my husband saying (or shouting) "I'm not gonna yell over him anymore". Lol it's funny stuff, but sometimes it's like good grief kid, pipe down. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Athena went through a few days of the super clingy stuff too. But she is back to normal now. She absolutely likes us being near her, but we can get a little time to cook or clean while she plays with her toys. Her new thing is this babble she does while she drifts to sleep. It is the only time she does that particular tone of noises so I know she is falling asleep whenever she starts. She loves to make all different noises at all different volumes and roll all over the place. She now loves tummy time, I think b/c she puts herself on her tummy and rolls onto her back whenever she wants to. She also likes being pulled up to a sitting position, but only when she feels like it. If she doesn't want to, she will silently protest by slouching down lol. But if she wants to sit up she does a partial sit up and yells for us to get her up the rest of the way.

It amazes me every single day how much she is growing and has grown since I gave birth. Just wow....it goes so fast!!
  • Hey guys! S has been very clingy too. I think it's definitely a Leap 5 thing. He's with others during the day, but for the two hours I have him after work I really just need to be wearing him to do anything. I can't wait until he's sitting a little better so I can switch to back carries! It's tough reaching around 20 lbs of baby to do the dishes.
  • Amelia is super clingy this week but she's in the middle of Leap 5 AND is cutting both her bottom teeth. Poor thing just wanted to be snuggled last night after daycare. I remind myself to just soak up the baby cuddles since I miss so many during the work day!