1st Trimester
Options

Ate parsley and am freaking a little

Hi, first time posting here. I'm a little over 5 weeks pregnant and had tabouli salad for dinner. It was basically all chopped parsley with a little bit of tomato and lemon juice - I probably had a cup at least. After I ate it I read that parsley caused uterine contractions and can cause miscarriage. Am I making myself crazy for nothing? Did anyone else eat tabouli or parsley early in their pregnancy?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ate parsley and am freaking a little

• Options
    You are definitely, definitely, DEFINITELY making yourself crazy for nothing.
  • Options
    Almost everywhere you look there will be someone or something telling you that anything can cause a miscarriage. Don't worry about it! Plus what can you do now? Just gonna make yourself stress & worry, and that isn't good either.

Married August 9, 2008
    TTC Since September 2009

1st   BFP | EDD 10/23/10 | Natural M/C 03/27/10 | 10w 0d
    2nd BFP 06/26/10 | EDD 02/25/11 | Natural  M/C 07/17/10 | 8w 1d
    3rd  BFP 12/17/10 | EDD 08/24/11 | Natural M/C 12/31/10 | 7w 4d
    4th  BFP 06/22/11 | EDD 02/25/12 | M/C D&C on 07/27/11 | 9w4d
    5th  BFP 09/17/11 | DD Paige Lily born 05/16/12
    6th  BFP 08/11/12 | EDD 04/11/13 | CP
    7th  BFP 09/29/13 | EDD 06/04/14 | Natural M/C 10/27/13 | 8w1d
    8th  BFP 12/16/13 | EDD 09/01/14

DX: Pericentric Inversion of Chromosome 8 & compound heterozygous for MTHFR mutations
    RX: Lovenox/Heparin & Folgard

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I eat parsley all of the time. It's in most Italian food and a lot of other stuff.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, you are worrying over nothing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can't even believe I just read this.
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I am making Tabouli Salad for lunch today.  Never ever heard of this!
  • Options
    No, you are absolutely right about the parsley. That's why the entire population of the Middle East has gone extinct. Too much tabouleh. Didn't you hear about that on the news?
  • Options
    your fine. I ate parsley al the time. If you start bleeding then worrie but 99% sure your fine!
                     7/08, 1/12, 2/14, Due with baby #4  2/12/16 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagekathymarie:

I know.  It hurt my brain. 

BFP #1 - Twin B lost at 5w
    Bryce Addison  I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    Our baby boy was born sleeping on 9.17.10. He was 19w1d.
    BFP #2 - Twin B lost at 4w
    Twin A
    BFP #3 - Lost at 5w
    BFP #4 - Lost at 4w
    BFP #5

• Options

If eating parsley would cause you to miscarry, don't you think it likely all pregnant and ttc women would be warned by their doctors not to eat it? They don't tend to be tight lipped about actual dangers.

And, as nicely as possible, it's going to be a very long nine months if you let yourself get concerned about things like this.

• Options

imageColindaP:
    No, you are absolutely right about the parsley. That's why the entire population of the Middle East has gone extinct. Too much tabouleh. Didn't you hear about that on the news?

I think I just pee'd a little from laughing at this

• Options

imageColindaP:

::snicker::

OP- I've never heard of parsley causing miscarriage.  Pretty sure my OB would have mentioned it if it posed a huge risk.

• Options

Oh sweet jeeeebus!

Ditto the pp. My brain hurts.

If you google and read enough everything causes uterine contractions. Parsley, pineapple, papaya, tea, watermelon, nailpoilish, massage. On and on and on.

No one ever remembers the part where you have to eat pounds of it per day for it to do anything.

Also this "research" is usually from some crazed "scientific university" no one has ever heard of.

I'm playing it safe though. Only organice lettuce and triple filtered water for me!

• Options

imagekathymarie:

Ditto 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Parsley in therapeutic doses CAN cause uterine contractions.You would have to eat a lot of it to have this effect. You are fine.

• Options
    Was there a fingernail full of feta in the salad? If so, yes, I'd be deeply worried.

May 2011 Siggy Challenge
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Options

I had parsley a few days ago, it was fine.

I did, however eat an entire pineapple in one day, and another half of one the next.  My DH found out online that it causes uterine contractions.  I'm fine.  Although I freaked out too.  I figure that fruit and vegetables and fresh greens cant be that bad.  Of course, wash them ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"