TTC After a Loss
Options

Is it bad to use salicylic acid before the 2ww?

I am pretty careful about chemicals and such-I eat as organic as possible, don't use chemicals to clean or in any of my beauty products, but one of the things I let myself "indulge" in when AF is here is salicylic acid acne stuff that actually works.

Is that bad? Do you think it's still affecting my whole cycle even if I stop a few days in, or am I being a crazy paranoid woman who should realize that there are tons of KU teenagers who are probably dousing themselves in Clearasil nightly and still have perfect babies?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is it bad to use salicylic acid before the 2ww?

• Options
    Ooo - good question. I'm using it, too. I was conscious of that before my loss, but wasn't thinking about it now while TTC. Good point about the teens, though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 - 8/27/10 - D&C 10/27/10 @ 13 weeks to Trisomy 18
    Missing our Angel Baby Gabriel
    BFP#2 - 3/18/11 - CP 3/19/11 BFP#3 - 4/27/11 - Due 1/9/12
  • Options
    You know, I used salicylic acid for the first couple of months.  I didn't realize it was bad at the time.  It never caused a problem with anything either.  I read somewhere that if you only use it sparingly - covers less that 10% of your body it should be fine to use.  I still ended up switching just to be safe and I ended up going to benzoyl peroxide (which actually works great!) - never worked like that when I was a kid!  I also used Tea Tree oil at one point - I hear Burt's Bees makes a really awesome acne product that uses that instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sure it won't hurt anything during the first part of your cycle.  Like you said, tons of people prob. use it and deliver healthy LO's every day.  I did however stop using it after my m/c because I'm a paranoid freak sometimes.
  • Options
    I've heard its not bad in normal does.  As long as you don't bath in it you should be fine.  I didn't realize it was considered bad for my 1st pg (DS) and had no problems (I only use a facewash with 2% once a day).

Missed m/c 10/25/10 @ 11.5 weeks

• Options
    I'm the girl who does anything during the follicular phase, so I would. I tend to be more careful about what I do around O time and in the 2ww, but I still do some things I wouldn't do pg.

• Options

imagejertie:
    You know, I used salicylic acid for the first couple of months.  I didn't realize it was bad at the time.  It never caused a problem with anything either.  I read somewhere that if you only use it sparingly - covers less that 10% of your body it should be fine to use.  I still ended up switching just to be safe and I ended up going to benzoyl peroxide (which actually works great!) - never worked like that when I was a kid!  I also used Tea Tree oil at one point - I hear Burt's Bees makes a really awesome acne product that uses that instead.

Not to hijack the post, but which one?  The only Burts Bees acne stuff I've ever seen always has salicylic acid in it.  Sad  I LOVE Burts Bees though! 

TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

• Options
    imageanonomity:

imagejertie:

Not to hijack the post, but which one?  The only Burts Bees acne stuff I've ever seen always has salicylic acid in it.  Sad  I LOVE Burts Bees though! 

Yeah they have a line that says it's "natural" because it's a naturally derived SA but it's still SA. 

Tea tree oil is okay but it doesn't cut it for the blackheads and stuff I get. I just got a little Zeno spot treatment thing which works pretty well on existing pimples, and I'm using a cleanser with lactic acid and a night cream with lactic acid and glycolic acid which are safe but I still can't get good results without using SA or retinol. Sad

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"