Illinois Babies
Options

Doula rec in Dekalb area

It seems like most people on here live closer to Chicago, but it was the most local board I could find. We live in Dekalb Co., and plan on delivery in Sandwich Hospital. Does anyone know any doulas in this area? TIA
BabyFruit TickerLilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Doula rec in Dekalb area

• Options

DeKalb County! Woot! Haha. I have looked as well and havent found any!  I did run across a birth center recently that i hadnt heard of, so that doesnt really help! Haha if you find one let me know!!

• Options

After almost giving up yesterday, I did find one that actually lives in Dekalb. Her name is Kim Wheaton. Here is her website: https://www.kimwheatondoula.blogspot.com/

She also has a page on facebook. And she responded to my e-mail right away, so I think we're at least going to set-up a "get-to-know-you" meeting with her.

I also got an e-mail back from Heather Davis, in St. Charles. She said she is not taking clients right now, but will probably be back to doing doula work by this time next year. She is willing to travel within DeKalb Co. She also currently teaches Bradley birth classes. https://www.bradleybirth.com/ndweb.asp?ID=D319

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay!  let me know what you think of her!  I am also trying to find somewhere that has water birth in the area... so if you find anything like that in your travels i would love to know as well!
  • Options

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! Kim was great. We've also met a few more doulas and now it's going to be a tough decision. Here is what I've got:

Susan Booker - www.nativebirth.com - Met her a few weeks ago. She was awesome and also teaches a Brio Birth class.

Cait Olson-Bale - Cait5156@yahoo.com - Haven't met her, but picked up her pamphlet at the Birth Matters event in Dekalb.

Katherine Keyes - www.prairiedoula.com - Meeting with her soon.

Also, check out Birth Matters on facebook. They are a new birth education center in Dekalb. They would probably have lots of resources and might be able to help you find a place to have a water birth. I'm going to try to get my hospital to let me bring in a pool.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"